Respected Contributor
On 10/31/2014 brii said:

I can't imagine how her mom and husband are handling all of this. It must be very tough on them.

One of life's horrors.

Long death is mine.

Super Contributor
On 10/30/2014 missyw1 said:
On 10/30/2014 straitgirl said:

They reported on this last week when she was here for a Grand Canyon visit with her family. She looked pretty well, enjoyed the visit and it was reported that she has the medication to end her life when she wishes. With that in hand I believe she will continue to enjoy her remaining days until she feels she no longer can continue & will say her goodbyes, as it should be.

They would fill the prescription now? How if it gets in the wrong hands? Seems like she has an empty bottle (preapproved script) and can get it when she wants too. Or maybe a Dr. has to bring it to her home. Anyone know?

Brittany stated that she now has the medication. It has to be self-administered; the doctor cannot do it, only prescribe it. She gets it filled and takes it home. It's been mentioned already several times.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/30/2014 Cakers1 said:

I think it is one thing to plan, another to move forward once that medication is in your hands.

I believe that now she has the definite choice since the meds have been filled, and that alone should be a relief to her. Knowing you now have the legal means to end your life can certainly have postponed her original plan.

She has total control now, not the cancer. I completely understand her decision to postpone the final act.

As usual, very well stated. She is in control.

Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 Complicated said:
On 10/31/2014 brii said:

I can't imagine how her mom and husband are handling all of this. It must be very tough on them.

One of life's horrors.

Long death is mine.

Sudden or prolonged - not easy either way.

I can't even think about it...

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone read the first comment under the yahoo link? It's from a woman who's mother had the same disease and was given a short time to live. She chose to go through all the treatments and lived 19 years! Very interesting. But every person is different.

Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 kze said:

Did anyone read the first comment under the yahoo link? It's from a woman who's mother had the same disease and was given a short time to live. She chose to go through all the treatments and lived 19 years! Very interesting. But every person is different.

Whoa...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Contributor

Life is a gift from GOD and it is NOT her life to take. I love how some of you all say that you support her in taking her own life and then in the next sentence you say things like, God be with her and God bless her. If you all truly believed in God, you would know that it is a mortal sin to take ones own life. God is the only one that has the power to take life away.

Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 kze said:

Yes, every case is different and anonymous comments on websites are impossible to verify so we don't know the exact details of the case. A stage IV glioblastoma multiforme is extremely hard to fight and the odds are not good. From everything I've read, Brittany's medical team has done (and is doing) everything they can for her. Just my perspective, but I'm glad she has the choice and I hope, someday, all Americans in every state of the nation will have that choice.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor
On 10/31/2014 RickyRocky said:

Life is a gift from GOD and it is NOT her life to take. I love how some of you all say that you support her in taking her own life and then in the next sentence you say things like, God be with her and God bless her. If you all truly believed in God, you would know that it is a mortal sin to take ones own life. God is the only one that has the power to take life away.

There was a time the Catholic Church would not bury someone who committed suicide. Times have changed.

If this woman believes in God, only He can judge her.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/31/2014 RickyRocky said:

That's your belief. It's not everyone's belief. People should have the right to act according to their own beliefs.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.