Esteemed Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

The other day, I heard a story about a grandmother who couldn't touch her grandchild until the grandmother had all her shots. Mom's watching out for kids. I think Dear A was correct, except that, mom's try and protect their children. (Most in this instance). It may be nothing more than that. At a C. shop, maybe this mom isn't sure where this came from. JMHO

That's fine if she wants to protect her children.  The issue IMO is that she rudely returned them.  

No one is obligated to use any gift that they are given.  The correct thing to do is say thank you, and then use it, don't use it, whatever.  What this woman did was mean and extremely insensitive.  A kind gesture should never be thrown back in someone's face like that.  IMO there's no excuse for it.

Very true Susan.

QG, when I buy clothes for myself or my kids from a thrift store, new or not, they go into the washer.

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

The other day, I heard a story about a grandmother who couldn't touch her grandchild until the grandmother had all her shots. Mom's watching out for kids. I think Dear A was correct, except that, mom's try and protect their children. (Most in this instance). It may be nothing more than that. At a C. shop, maybe this mom isn't sure where this came from. JMHO

That's fine if she wants to protect her children.  The issue IMO is that she rudely returned them.  

No one is obligated to use any gift that they are given.  The correct thing to do is say thank you, and then use it, don't use it, whatever.  What this woman did was mean and extremely insensitive.  A kind gesture should never be thrown back in someone's face like that.  IMO there's no excuse for it.

Very true Susan.

QG, when I buy clothes for myself or my kids from a thrift store, new or not, they go into the washer.

I wash everything before I wear it, no matter where it came from.  I always have, and I always will!  I don't even think about.  It's been my habit for years.

Honored Contributor

Having the tags on something really means nothing.  Anyone can buy one of those gadgets that attaches tags with that clear plastic "string."  They are available in any kind of retail supply store (both on line and in catalogs.)

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Having the tags on something really means nothing.  Anyone can buy one of those gadgets that attaches tags with that clear plastic "string."  They are available in any kind of retail supply store (both on line and in catalogs.)

I didn't know that.  Now I can start returning my clothes after I get tired of them!Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I'm wondering about the "big mouth" friend. Anytime somebody tells you some gossip, you have to question the motives of the gossiper ~ what's in it for them?