Esteemed Contributor

Re: David' Venable's Message to Us

I like David.  I am not really into cooking, so I don't watch him very much.  But he seems like such a lovely man.  I was really impressed with how he handled Jill's last show on QVC, because he was on with her part of the time.  He would be a great friend or relative to have in your life, in my opinion.  Of course, we don't really know these hosts on a personal level, but I do think their character shines through.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I think we have to remember, that the show hosts are not isolated from the world's problems.  They are dealing with worry and uncertainties, like the rest of us. 

It's probably helpful for them, too, to share positivity.  It likely helps reset their own thoughts, as well as that of the observer.  

I trust when they share their sentiments about these difficult times, that they are being authentic.  They're feeling the pain, as well.  No one can be an island now. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't hear him say that, but I really enjoyed his show yesterday. I think he is a class act. 

Esteemed Contributor

I held my breath when I opened this thread.  I don't watch much so didn't see any of the messages.  If they were all as benign as David's, I'm sorry I missed them. 

One of the things I like most about QVC is that whatever is going on outside my door...blizzard, raging hurricane, trouble in the world...all is well at QVC. 

Unfortunately, in recent months most if not all hosts have managed to make reference to the stressful time we've been facing with the virus, shutdown, unemployment part of their "pitch."  So even that calm that I could count on at QVC has been disrupted.  And IMO that's a shame.

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

David has a very calming voice. He is really good at his job, and you can tell how much the other hosts like him, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch  Well said!!! You expressed everything I was thinking, and more.👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I don't need ANY "salesman" giving me "a message".  That ain't his job.  Just get on with the "schpeil".

Respected Contributor

@DbinMD wrote:

@beach-mom 

I do think that he was very sincere and not using it as a sales ploy.

No offense intended, but I think you might be a little naive about that.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the Q very much anymore but Carolyn Gracie and David Venable are the real deal.

Yes, they are salespeople- that's obvious.

Expression of hope and positive thinking are never out of style; and there are folks who are isolated and alone.  They turn to stations such as the Q to see live people and hear live voices.

It saddens me to have people reading into these positive presentations as just another sales tactic.  The Q is doing just fine and I doubt anything David has said is boosting sales into the stratosphere.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

We have a local channel that shows old TV shows. They currently run an ad that states they cannot solve the world's problems but perhaps they can make us feel happy for a few moments. I so appreciate those words. It sounds like David has adopted that approach.