Honored Contributor

David' Venable's Message to Us

The days are running into each other for me, so I hope I get this right. I think it was Wednesday evening. The news everywhere was unsettling. 

At the beginning of the show, David told us to take a break from everything, relax and enjoy the show. I don't remember his exact words, but his soothing voice and smile helped my family a lot. I got what he was saying. 

Maybe some of you heard him too. I know he won't see this, but it was nice of him and QVC to put us in another place for a while. Even DH watched the show that night! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: David' Venable's Message to Us

@beach-mom 

I heard him say that too.  He said that even if you aren't buying anything, just back, and relax, and something that if this can take your mind off of things that are happening. I do think that he was very sincere and not using it as a sales ploy.

Honored Contributor

all the hosts had a message that day, some were more sincere than others .

however, it was probably directed by Mgt, which is not a bad thing 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom I was watching too.I have tuned in more than I have in years just to get away from all of the stuff in the news.So nice to be watching smiling faces.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,  good observation.  I don't catch Q shows very often, but have seen David do that more than once.  During a time of turmoil, he has deployed what I think is his natural warmth and reassuring personality to very good ends with viewers.

Respected Contributor

David has a soothing quality about him.  I don't watch the Q much anymore, but that was a nice thing for him to say.

Most of the time I go between the three "vintage" stations I get...COZI, ANTENNA, and ME-TV.  It is a welcome respite for me to see old shows like Andy Griffith, The Facts Of Life, Alice, Three's Company, Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, and That Girl.

i do watch the local morning and noon news, and at 6 I watch the local news and an hour of national news.  That's enough for me...I escape the rest of the time.

Honored Contributor

QVC hosts are using this language and 'feeling' a lot. It has been stated repeatedly throughout the virus, with the riots, and I remember them doing it a lot for a long time after 9/11 as well. 

Nothing wrong with offering a place on tv for someone to go and escape for awhile (pretty much what the Hallmark channels are all about) from the everyday stuff. Not a bad marketing tool either.

Honored Contributor

I think David often starts his shows with something along those lines.  It's just his way to get the ball rolling; I don't read anything into it.

Trusted Contributor

He's a kind soul.....his momma raised him right! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Carolyn Gracie also had a really nice message at the beginning of one of her shows.