Honored Contributor

It's not a lovely day here in the Southern Tier of NY, however I've got a pot of chili simmering on the stove and that will be warm and comforting. What are your favorite comfort foods that warm your bones ?  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Yum - I love chili on a cold fall/winter day!   I also love spaghetti and meatballs!

Honored Contributor

I miss winter days!  I'd love to take a cold vacation; wrap up in a big blanket, have a bowl of chili, drink hot chocolate.  I wouldn't like living in it full-time, but it sure would be a nice break from hot & sunny 365 days a year.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Dark, Damp, and Chilly

[ Edited ]

Same here...in CT...BLUSTERY!! Very windy, dark, rainy. (after such a nice weekend)...usual New England I guess!

Comfort foods...Top of my list is always my mom's Pasta Fajiole (Pasta & beans)...like between a soup & a stew.  Love it, yummy & comforting to my soul too, when it's been a tough day.

I also love her Chicken soup recipe, which I haven't made once since I last made it with her about 4 years ago...I think it's time.  Was just talking about this Saturday with my cousin...we were saying, soups like this one actually ARE healing...whenever I was sick with a cold and mom made it, it really made me feel better. Warmth to the chest, helped with coughs...just made you feel better and get better in a shorter time!

Enjoy that chili!

Honored Contributor

My homemade chicken pot pie.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1   The weather here in NEPA is downright lousy.  Rain, very windy, pretty chilly too.

I think we are about 45 miles from the Southern Tier of NY, although I haven't been in Binghamton in decades.

This is perfect soup or chili weather.  Also chicken n biscuits or chicken and dumplings.  Spaghetti or lasagna too.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's not a lovely day here in the Southern Tier of NY, however I've got a pot of chili simmering on the stove and that will be warm and comforting. What are your favorite comfort foods that warm your bones ?  

@QVCkitty1 Same, starting to get chilly here in Colorado.  Not bad today in the 50's and sunny but snow and 42 tomorrow for the high 18 for the low.

Chili, chicken soup, ham and white bean soup, pork posole are some favorites.

Honored Contributor

Phoenix:   Pretty nice for the end of November.  69°, partly cloudy, haze.   Just decorated my shrubs with holiday lights.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Same here...in CT...BLUSTERY!! Very windy, dark, rainy. (after such a nice weekend)...usual New England I guess!

Comfort foods...Top of my list is always my mom's Pasta Fajiole (Pasta & beans)...like between a soup & a stew.  Love it, yummy & comforting to my soul too, when it's been a tough day.

I also love her Chicken soup recipe, which I haven't made once since I last made it with her about 4 years ago...I think it's time.  Was just talking about this Saturday with my cousin...we were saying, soups like this one actually ARE healing...whenver I was sick with a cold and mom made it, it really made me feel better. Warmth to the chest, helped with coughs...just made you feel better and get better in a shorter time!

Enjoy that chili!

@amyb , I know I can Google, but I love family recipes. Would it be possible for you to post your mom's recipe for pasta and beans. If you can't it is completely understandable, but it would be much appreciated . 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We here in maine,really need this rain.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.