Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Upstate NY ~ very rainy and gloomy all day today

Chicken and biscuit is on tonight's menu : )

Esteemed Contributor

Hot chocolate and cookies.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I found it quicker than I thought!

Just fyi...as I always tell people, everyone makes it differently, many make it much more elaborate, or add meat like pepperoni...but my mom made it like her mom, and it was just very simple, but delicious...it's how I prefer it. I hope you try it and enjoy!

Mom's (Phyllis's) Pasta Fajioli Recipe

Ingredients:

1 15 oz can cannellini (or any white bean)
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup of ditallini pasta (elbows would work too)
Red pepper flakes to taste, usually a pinch or two
Pinch of Italian seasoning
Pinch of
black pepper
2 whole cloves of garlic 
1 tablespoon
of extra-virgin Olive oil
 Grated cheese of choice, and/or Mozzerella, to taste

Start a pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic cloves (crush them if you want to bring out more flavor) until softened. This should take about 2 minutes. Add can of tomato sauce (stand back or lift pot off heat, it spatters!) and 1 8 oz can of water. Season with red pepper flakes, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Bring mixture to a bubble on medium high heat. Add the can of cannellini beans and 1 15 oz.can of water. Bring back to a simmering bubble and then lower the heat to a slow simmer.  

In another pan, simultaneously bring water to a boil, salt and cook pasta for about 5 minutes if 8 min pasta, (or 2/3 of whatever time it says). Drain pasta, and add to the pot with the sauce. Simmer until the pasta finishes cooking. You can remove garlic cloves now, unless you like to eat them!

Remove from heat and serve. Top with fresh grated mozzarella and grated cheese (Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano-Reggiano...or just mozzarella) Enjoy!

@amyb , Thank you so much, I will definitely try this.  I'm sorry for your loss , losing ones mom is so tough. At least when you make her recipes, she is still with you in a way.  🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I found it quicker than I thought!

Just fyi...as I always tell people, everyone makes it differently, many make it much more elaborate, or add meat like pepperoni...but my mom made it like her mom, and it was just very simple, but delicious...it's how I prefer it. I hope you try it and enjoy!

Mom's (Phyllis's) Pasta Fajioli Recipe

Ingredients:

1 15 oz can cannellini (or any white bean)
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup of ditallini pasta (elbows would work too)
Red pepper flakes to taste, usually a pinch or two
Pinch of Italian seasoning
Pinch of
black pepper
2 whole cloves of garlic 
1 tablespoon
of extra-virgin Olive oil
 Grated cheese of choice, and/or Mozzerella, to taste

Start a pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic cloves (crush them if you want to bring out more flavor) until softened. This should take about 2 minutes. Add can of tomato sauce (stand back or lift pot off heat, it spatters!) and 1 8 oz can of water. Season with red pepper flakes, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Bring mixture to a bubble on medium high heat. Add the can of cannellini beans and 1 15 oz.can of water. Bring back to a simmering bubble and then lower the heat to a slow simmer.  

In another pan, simultaneously bring water to a boil, salt and cook pasta for about 5 minutes if 8 min pasta, (or 2/3 of whatever time it says). Drain pasta, and add to the pot with the sauce. Simmer until the pasta finishes cooking. You can remove garlic cloves now, unless you like to eat them!

Remove from heat and serve. Top with fresh grated mozzarella and grated cheese (Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano-Reggiano...or just mozzarella) Enjoy!

@amyb , Thank you so much, I will definitely try this.  I'm sorry for your loss , losing ones mom is so tough. At least when you make her recipes, she is still with you in a way.  🌺

@QVCkitty1 Thank you~she is definitely still with me...definitely when I'm making that dish. Smiley Wink btw...see my ps. I edited to the recipe about the cheese. Enjoy!

Super Contributor

Hello southern tier neighbor...from Northern Niagara....Looks like you will get snow tomorrow....

Had lights on all day in the house...and yesterday I was doing some garden cleanup!

But tis the season of change...

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Hot chocolate and cookies.

Made hot chocolate today too! With marshmallows. Haven't made that in a long time, but was face-timing a friend and she was making it so... 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

It's actually snowing in TN! A little of it even seems to be sticking around on the grass.

When it's cold I love chili too, or a good soup, or baked ziti. Food that retains its warmth is so nice when it's cold outside. I also find that adding a little touch of pepper flakes to food when its cold out makes me feel warmer.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Spitting snow..  yeehawwwwwwwww!!  Let me get my imaginary sled out..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain which part of Tennessee?  I'm born and raised in Elizabethton, TN..  Jason Witten's home town too..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Dark, Damp, and Chilly

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Porcelain which part of Tennessee?  I'm born and raised in Elizabethton, TN..  Jason Witten's home town too..  

Looks like you're from Eastern TN. Woman Happy I'm right outside of Nashville. Middle Tennessee. I'm a transplant from the midwest.

DH is from here. He charmed me with his accent. Though to hear him tell it, he has no accent and I say the word "no" funny like I'm holding my nose. On the other hand, I love getting him to say things like "aNUTHUH one" (another one).

Edited to add: And I love singing Rocky Top! We go to the Station Inn a lot (or we used to and hope to again soon) and they are famous for bluegrass. I get to sing along to Rocky Top a lot there.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr