Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Hello to you all! May the Peace of Jesus be with all of you! Today I made a turkey barley soup, delicious and nutritious! Lots of veggies in it and lots of turkey from carcass etc. I like it when Linus just buys a turkey at Walmart and he makes it on the grill which was on Friday. Lori was here for lunch - and said tomorrow at noon she can give me a massage. I may have tendinitis in my right arm. It's been hurting some for some time. Maybe from computer use, using the mouse. Anyway it's not going to get better without Lori working on me. Yesterday I made the Ham bean soup, so it's time I start putting some in the freezer for future meals. Just saw on the Kitchen Food forum about homemade bread bags, so I can order some from Amazon. Didn't know that! That would be wonderful! I'll talk to Linus about it and he can order it for me and maybe with something else for free shipping.

Do not run ahead of the Lord, but walk with Him, pray for His guidance
and listen to His answers. Lord, let me put Your will first in my life.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Be still and know that I am God." ~Psalm 46:10

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

I can relax and not get tense. I need not fear, because everything
will work out in the end. I can learn soul-balance and poise in a
vacillating, changing world. I can claim God's power and use it
because if I do not use it, it can be withdrawn. As long as I get
back to God and replenish my strength after each task, no work can be
too much.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may relax and that God's strength will be given to me.
I pray that I may subject my will to God's will and be free from all
tenseness.

Take One More Look

When you're down and you're out, and things don't go your way,
When life is a problem and you can't seem to pray,
When there's bitterness, resentment, hatred and shame,
Just say one more prayer - God is calling your name.

If you're under much stress, sorrow, grief, or despair,
When the world's coming down and no one seems to care,
When love has departed, and it is more than you can bare,
Just take one more look - God is standing right there.

When you're just giving up and don't want to go on,
And nothing makes sense there's no joy and no down,
When your burdens are more than you think you can stand,
Then open your eyes - God is holding your hand.

And with Him beside you He'll lighten your way,
Bringing hope to your future with every new day.
All He asks is to listen and watch out for Him there.
And when you're least expecting, He'll answer that prayer.

God's given you this day to be happy and live.
And if you'll accept it, He's much more to give.
Now take one more look at this life that's a chore,
Turn around, walk with Jesus - He's opened the door!

Pass this encouragement on...

- Author Unknown

January 13

Try to view each day as an adventure, carefully planned out by your Guide. Instead of staring into the day that is ahead of you, attempting to program it according to your will, be attentive to Me and to all I have prepared for you. Thank Me for this day of life, recognizing that it is a precious, unrepeatable gift. Trust that I am with you each moment, whether you sense My Presence or not. A thankful, trusting attitude helps you to see events in your life from My perspective.

A life lived close to Me will never be dull or predictable. Expect each day to contain surprises! Resist your tendency to search for the easiest route through the day. Be willing to follow wherever I lead. No matter how steep or treacherous the path before you, the safest place to be is by My side.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
—Psalm 118:24

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
—1 Peter 2:21 - from Jesus Calling

Remind Me God!

When I am lonely and Perhaps I feel despair,
Let not my ailing heart forget That YOU hear every prayer...

Remind me that no matter what I do or fail to do,
There still is hope for as long as I have FAITH in YOU...

Let not my eyes be blinded by Some folly I commit,
But help me to regret my wrong And make amends for it.

Inspire me to put my fears Upon a hidden shelf,
And in the future try not to Feel sorry for myself.

Give me the restful sleep I need Before another dawn,
And bless me in the morning with THE COURAGE TO GO ON

Today, Because of Christ, I Am Not

Forsaken Hebrews 13:5
Forgotten Isaiah 49:15
Abandoned Hebrews 13:5
Rejected Ephesians 1:6
Useless Ephesians 2:10
Helpless Psalm 121:2
Hopeless Romans 15:13
Hapless Ephesians 1:3
Homeless John 14:1-3
Condemned Romans 8:1
Confused 1 Corinthians 14:33
Confounded Psalm 22:5
Doomed 1 Thessalonians 1:10
Destroyed Isaiah 43:1
Desolate John 15:5
Deserted John 14:18
Uncared for 1 Peter 5:7
Unprotected Psalm 3:3
Unwanted Luke 19:10
Unknown Isaiah 43:1
Unloved Jeremiah 31:3

Another New Year's one:

New Year's Resolution

At the beginning of a new year, it is traditional that we make resolutions. Resolutions are promises concerning things that we will try to accomplish in the year to come. Usually, they have to do with losing weight, trying to stop smoking, working harder in school/work or something such as that. I'd like to share what I believe are resolutions that will help to insure that we will all have a happy and prosperous New Year.

In the New Year, be sure to LIE, CHEAT, DRINK, SWEAR and STEAL more than you did last year.

LIE back and relax just a little more this new year. Let a little more life happen to you without so much worry.

CHEAT failure. Don't be afraid to try something new because you think you may fail. It is through failure that we learn the most valuable lessons.

DRINK from the fountain of knowledge. Many people around you have already been down roads you are about to travel. Learn from mistakes they have made. Take what they have learned and use it.

SWEAR to do your best. All the time, in every situation. That is all anybody will ever ask.

STEAL a little time for yourself. Everyday take a little more time to develop a stronger relationship with- the one and only...YOU.

So, if you lie, cheat, drink, swear and steal just a little more in the next year, you will have a profitable and enjoyable year ahead!

God bless you in 2015!

<h3 style="color: #222222; font-family: verdana, sans-serif;"> Prayer for Perseverance in Faith</h3>
Father, keep us from vain strife of words. Grant to us constant profession of the Truth! Preserve us in a true and undefiled Faith so that we may hold fast to that which we professed when we were baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit - that we may have Thee for our Father, that we may abide in Thy Son and in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

Saint Hilary of Poitiers, Bishop and Doctor (His Feast Day today)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday