Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 3 9.28.15

@sunshine45, Was it Melissa Rycroft?

They used her dress rehearsal video because of a rib injury.

Honored Contributor

19,000 people want Kim to come back???  That's amazing.  She was one of my least favorites.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

19,000 people want Kim to come back???  That's amazing.  She was one of my least favorites.

I know, hard to believe.  My bet is viewers want Tony back or they are just against the rules.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(ETA:  This was in response to @lulu2 - reply #28 about Alfonso.  For some reason it didn't add in the "quote" and I didn't notice it.)

Thank goodness someone else had the same reaction!  What is it with these former contestants, when they become "guest judges"?  Suddenly, he knew more than the real judges?  I thought some of his comments were way too critical.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I sure didn't like Alphonso as judge.  He acted like he really was a real dancer just because he had won with his comments.  I liked him as a contestant though.

I think Paula should go because she seemed like she just didn't want to work hard like the others and whined and whined about needing rest!!

I like Gary for the entertainment and he has definitely shown improvement.

For the switch offs I would like either Derek or  Mark to get Paula since they always get the better dancers.

YES!  (So tired of her whining and the fake "y'all" and overly-pronounced Southern draaaaaaawwwwwwllll.)  Please, please, please let her be the next to go.  Just so she can get some rest, you understand!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I don't care for the switch ups and all those gimmicks. 

Tamar is annoying, but she had a great dance last night with Val.

A friend and I were just discussing this the other day.  We just don't like her attitude.  She's a good dancer and I'm always rooting for Val, but she's making it hard to want them to win.  She should shut up and listen to the pro!

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

@sunshine45, Was it Melissa Rycroft?

They used her dress rehearsal video because of a rib injury.

@brii

found this on wikipedia:

In season eight, after landing on a wireless microphone pack and injuring his back during a dress rehearsal, Steve-O and his partner, Lacey Schwimmer, were unable to perform live. The judges critiqued their pre-recorded dress rehearsal performance. Melissa Rycroft suffered a rib cage injury also during a rehearsal and was judged based upon her pre-recorded dress rehearsal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

A few years ago there was a daytime series called Starting Over.  Women with problems spent time in a house with other women trying to work through their problems.  One season Towanda Braxton was a participant.  Her issues had to do with her father and her sisters.  She characterized Tamar as the bully of the family. At the time, I had no idea who Tamar Braxton was.  I've never watched an episode of the Braxtons but just seeing clips, and based on watching DWTS, Tamar does seem like an opinionated person who only cares about her wants and needs.

Honored Contributor

Kim may come back and do a dance, but not for competition. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When she was there, Kim gave the impression she didn't want to be there.  Does she want to dance, or does she want the stipend that goes along with dancing?

If you had a mini-stroke and your doctors won't let you fly, why would the mother of so many young children take any chances with her health?