Honored Contributor

@Sissyrose wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I might be in the minority here but I do not like this time change. I get up early everyday before sunrise and by the time it gets dark then I'm ready to wind down. When it stays light out longer then I have trouble falling asleep. I wish they would leave the clocks on standard time.

You should move to Ft Wayne, ind. They don't do DST. Just the city of Ft Wayne - the rest of the state does.

I think she will have to move some where else.  Fort Wayne does change their clocks.

There is a portion of NWI (northwest Indiana) that stays on Chicago time (I guess that's central time?). 

The reason is so many people from that area work in Chicago, it's best to keep it that way.

At least I think I that's the way it goes.  This was from years ago, if I remember correctly, maybe they've changed it.

Honored Contributor

Love DST!  Our legislature is currently considering a bill for us to stay on it all year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I look at it from the morning perspective. Even with DST, the sun is up by 5:05 am on the longest day of the year.  If we didn't move the clocks forward, it would be light out by 4 am and that's way too early for me.

Honored Contributor

@Sissyrose  Is this something fairly new? My DH worked for a company based out of Ft Wayne and he always had to deal with them being on different time than everyone else. However he has been retired 7 years.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

hate it......i just want STANDARD time all year long......as nature intended it to be.

What a dream come true that would be.  Other than Christmas Eve night the night before going back to Standard time is my favorite night of the whole year.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I might be in the minority here but I do not like this time change. I get up early everyday before sunrise and by the time it gets dark then I'm ready to wind down. When it stays light out longer then I have trouble falling asleep. I wish they would leave the clocks on standard time.

Not alone, I get up early to get to work and appreciate light in the mornings to get the dogs walked. Just this morning on the news they were talking about the number of days people call off work in order to catch up on sleep

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@151949. That would make "things" confusing, huh?

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I look at it from the morning perspective. Even with DST, the sun is up by 5:05 am on the longest day of the year.  If we didn't move the clocks forward, it would be light out by 4 am and that's way too early for me.

From a different perspective, those that must get up early (4:30 am for me) to go to work have to go to bed early.  Moving the clocks forward means it is light here in the summer till 9:30.  Try going to bed and fall asleep when it is still light out

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I used to get up at 4:30 AM to go to work and I always went to bed no later than 9PM - usually 8PM. When I was working I was so extremely tired after a day at work I had no trouble falling asleep - light out or dark. Guiet or noisy - it didn't matter. Once you have had to sleep in an on call room in the middle of an ICU - with the noise and activity there 24 hours a day , you get to a point of being able to sleep anywhere.

Regular Contributor

@