Esteemed Contributor

If I didn't ask you to come over don't. I wouldn't do that to anyone. 

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Neither my friends nor my family do drop-ins. It's rude.

One Saturday my mom who lived 15 miles away decided to pull one of her stunts and try this with us. (No, she wasn't a nice or kind person).

We saw her park her car, grabbed our jackets and our son and when she knocked my dh said "Sorry, we're on our way out. You need to call first."

She tried to stop us but we went to the car and went to Denny's for lunch!

We explained to our son who was about 9 that it's rude to do that and that grandma didn't have good manners.

I wouldn't have done that in front of your son. He probably felt sorry for your Mother.

She may have been a bit rude to just drop in, but your behavior was mean IMO.

Super Contributor

My husband's brother/wife would drop in 'without calling' especially during weeknights after we would get home from work.....it was so annoying.  It was usually once a week but never the same weekday.  On several occassions, I would be getting out of the shower & would hear them talking in the living room (around 8 o'clock p.m.).  So, here I was in my gown/robe, hair in a towel, no make-up on.  I asked several times for them to please call before coming out, but they never did.  Just plain rude of them.  We all lived in the same town except they lived in town where we lived in the country, apprx. 7-8 miles apart.

Honored Contributor

I would never drop in on someone.

If I have something to show my friend in the neighborhood something, I ask if it's ok to drop by and show her.

To drop in is the height of rudeness.

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie  NOPE!  & that includes family.  EVERYONE knows I won't answer the door if they do.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't mind drop-ins.  Everyone who knows me has seen me without makeup.  They've seen me in my jammies past noon.  They've had to lift their feet for the Roomba.  I no longer have PMS, so it's safe..... 

Respected Contributor

I am "open door"  family/friends can drop in anytime.  I like company.  I may be in a robe but they are all nice.  My hair is always combed and house is presentable, not perfect but presentable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pezzie 

There are no Drop Ins by anyone at our home. That includes the few family members we have left. 

Unless they, for some reason, are on our secluded gravel road, and at deaths door? Dropping in will involve me saying "bye now".

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Growing up we did not think dropping in on someone was rude, or did we consider it rude when some one "stopped by".  It was normal back then, at least in my area.

I dont understand why anyone would think friends dropping in would be rude.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

What I get out of the OP's post = don't eavesdrop.

"Pure Michigan"