Honored Contributor

DO YOU ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET BY....

Do you organize your closet by color, type of clothing or by outfits?

Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET BY....

What is this organization that you speak of ? LOL.😆

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I finally organized my closet with the Cascading Hangers that QVC sells (LOVE THEM), by designer.  

Susan Graver makes me feel more dressed up, Logo kind of quirky, D&C casual, Isaac sophisticated, so depending on my mood, I go to that section, pick out what resonates with me that day, and I am done.

I also love the cascading hangers as I can rotate my clothing easily, when I put my laundry away the most recent worn gets put on the bottom, that way I am not constantly reaching for the same top all of the time, I actually discovered clothes I had forgotten I even had.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Do you organize your closet by color, type of clothing or by outfits?

Hi @Shanus.. I organize by type of clothing. Then in each category I do same colors together. I wear a lot of trousers in the winter, so I color coordinate them. Blouses are mostly solids and my sweaters I keep in a drawer. Cardigans I hang. I don't have a lot of clothing. I would call myself somewhat of a minimalist.

Honored Contributor

None of the above!

Respected Contributor

I organize by clothing type (One World tops have a huge section), then by warm weather to colder weather.  In other words, I have so many One World tops that I start at the far left with the sleeveless, then the short sleeve, then the long sleeve, then the ones that have a jacket or sweater included as a set.  From spring to fall, these are mostly all I wear.

For winter, I have a section for North Face (or similar) lightweight jackets. These are all I wear indoors for casual when it's colder (most of the time in NE Ohio).  When going to work in the cold weather, I have many leather jackets and blazers that I wear every day.  Those are scattered around two spare bedrooms, as they are too heavy to hang all on one closet bar!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I organize by type of clothing. 

I hang everything except sweaters, which get folded on the shelves. 

Honored Contributor

I'm really fortunate.  Our master closet is huge. It's what sold us on this house. 

My side has a lower and upper rack. My pants are hung on the upper rack, arranged by color. 

The lower rack is all tops. Right now, all the summer tops are toward the front. Arranged by color. Behind them are the winter tops, also arranged by color. 

We have all of our clothes on Huggable Hangers. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I organize by type and color.

So I hang all my turtle neck shirt together, then go from white to cream to tan to brown to black to red to green to blue etc... 

Then I repeat that for long sleeve shirts, then for short sleeve shirts, then for slacks then for shorts etc. etc. etc. 

Honored Contributor

I am organized by seasons first.  Then more special vests, blouses, shirts, jackets, pants, and skirts.  Then items are organized by color.

Tees, seasonal blouses, turtle necks, and sweaters are on a large bookcase in the laundry room.

Having primitive antiques, I don't have a large dresser.  I have my grandmother's large crystal vanity that I keep underwear in, her Victorian love seat, a wooden trunk, a two drawer drop center dresser and a tester bed.