Respected Contributor

Re: DO YOU ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET BY....

I organize my closet by type of clothes.  

Trusted Contributor

Great question as we can get ideas, I place by color and then my tops are long sleeve then short sleeve all color coded and then my pants the same and jackets.

Honored Contributor

I have a large walk in closet in my master that was customized by California Closets.  There is a spot for only shirts and another for skirts and another for pants and dresses and so forth.  Half of the closet is mine, DH has the other half.

I have shelves for shoes and sweaters and special built in  hangers for belts and DHs ties.

Last spring, I cleaned out my closet and donated about 90% of my clothing and shoes.  Then I organized the rest by color.

Right now, the colors are all mixed up, but I do have my summer and winter clothes seperated which is a good thing,  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@2blonde. Will have to check out One World. Store or brand I can find online?

@Shanus  "One World" is the most popular clothing brand on Evine.  The fabrics are all soft and comfy and figure flattering, and they have the most colorful and creative prints. They make a lot of hi-lo and sharkbite styles; most are long enough to wear with leggings.  The prices are generally $20-35, but they have special pricing during the event shows.  I also think some of the stores carry the brand......it can also be called "Live and Let Live."

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Type of clothes.

(Experts say to organize by color ... I guess I will try that next).

Respected Contributor

Am I the only person on the QVC forums who organizes her closets by SIZE? 

I do, and within sizes, by type of clothing (shirts, jackets, pants, etc.). 

When I was losing weight, it made sense. When I gained weight, it made even more sense. I've always kept my smaller sizes because I buy classic styles and intend to fit them someday, something I'm working on. When I've lost the weight and have stabilized for a while, I will donate the clothing in the big sizes. Then I'll organize by function

Esteemed Contributor

My closet is divided into slacks/jeans/ankle length; suits/2 piece casual; lots of tops; and, a few Stan Herman loungewear pieces and a great Orvis bathrobe.

Within each category, I hang by color for super easy access.  A friend calls it a__l, which is a huge insult.  Took a look at her closet one day and half of her clothing was tossed onto the floor and the other half barely hanging on hangers.  I'm happy hanging my stuff the way I do and don't find a need to purchase special hangers to do so.

To each their own.

Honored Contributor

I keep a few "ready to wear" outfits together......like "lunch with the girls"......."funerals" (yeah I'm that age)..........and "business appointments".  

The rest of my stuff is super casual.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Great question...got my boxes 📦 tonight..starting in the am 😊