Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@Lali1 Your loss. You would obviously have learned something.

You think really highly of yourself lol 

She's pretty smart and evenhanded. She's fairer than I am. I think highly of @FiddleDeeDee too.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

What is the current % of people who recover?  Isn't it like 99%?

Guess the 1% wants us to shut everything down for them.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Ummmm. The 1% (according to her faulty caculations) is dead. So.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Then I guess the rest have recovered.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Then I guess the rest have recovered.

The funny thing is these people make assumptions about others because they support people making their own choices. I have been inside 3 places since all this started. They know it all yet know nothing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: DISNEY LAYOFFS

[ Edited ]

From worldometer: United states as of today

Coronavirus Cases: 7,437,646
Deaths: 211,491
Recovered: 4,680,191

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

It is my understanding that the doctors know much more now about how to treat people who end up in the hospital due to the virus.  I have not heard anything, for a long time now, about shortages in equipment or medicines or hospital beds.  I see no reason why everything can not be opened up.  Yes, wear masks if you want to, social distance if you want to, stay home if you want to.

We lost our business and I don't think it will come back in time for us to recover.  Our suppliers are starting to send us to collection because we can not pay.  This was totally out of our control and I am not going to lose any sleep over it as it was not our fault.  Maybe some of you work for those companies, and are going to be hurt by our non payment.  Maybe some of you own stock in those companies and it will hurt their value.  Maybe some of you naysayers or your family members will lose their jobs in this massive ripple effect.

Some of the comments on this board lead me to believe that some hope the virus comes roaring back so you can wag your finger and say, "I told you so."  I live in central Florida and I don't personally know ONE PERSON who has tested positive, and I know a lot of people.  I am out and about and doing the best I can to get by.  The people of this country seem to have lost their grit and ability to forge ahead.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

And that works out to be roughly 2.84% who have died.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

It is my understanding that the doctors know much more now about how to treat people who end up in the hospital due to the virus.  I have not heard anything, for a long time now, about shortages in equipment or medicines or hospital beds.  I see no reason why everything can not be opened up.  Yes, wear masks if you want to, social distance if you want to, stay home if you want to.

We lost our business and I don't think it will come back in time for us to recover.  Our suppliers are starting to send us to collection because we can not pay.  This was totally out of our control and I am not going to lose any sleep over it as it was not our fault.  Maybe some of you work for those companies, and are going to be hurt by our non payment.  Maybe some of you own stock in those companies and it will hurt their value.  Maybe some of you naysayers or your family members will lose their jobs in this massive ripple effect.

Some of the comments on this board lead me to believe that some hope the virus comes roaring back so you can wag your finger and say, "I told you so."  I live in central Florida and I don't personally know ONE PERSON who has tested positive, and I know a lot of people.  I am out and about and doing the best I can to get by.  The people of this country seem to have lost their grit and ability to forge ahead.

@Puppy Lips, check here.

Plus, the way that you phrase that you know many people but none who have tested positive seems as if you are denying the facts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

And that works out to be roughly 2.84% who have died.

@Anonymous032819, I didn't do the math because I'm just not really interested in the percentages. To me, it is an obvious way to depersonalize the crisis.