Super Contributor

It just never stops.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DISNEY LAYOFFS

[ Edited ]

Lecture! Lecture! Scold! Scold! Scold!

I'm Right!  You're Wrong! You must be told!

Honored Contributor

@PJinIA wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PJinIA wrote:

Do you ever get tired of lecturing people???  I don't post much on here but everytime I read the community chat forum I see the same handful of posters constantly chastising anyone who thinks differently regarding Covid recovery!  Stay home, stay safe if you must....leave the rest of us alone to live our lives!  Your arrogant & condenscending posts are so tedious!

My guess is that you don't realize that it's a two-way street, @PJinIA. I feel lectured and dismissed when I voice my concerns. Apparently, some of us should just shut up already and take refuge in our basements. Unfortunately, I live in SoCal and don't have one, so I'll be here posting my opinion just as you do.

@suzyQ3 

What I find amusing is how many times they criticize, but never think to address who they are speaking to.   So, no one knows who the heck they are talking to.  They are just complaining to .... who knows? 

Not to get too specific, but where in So Cal?  

I'm sorry, I thought when I hit reply to Porcelain it would be obvious who I was addressing.  Clearly I don't post on this forum enough to even know how it works!

I think most people are beyond weary of this pandemic and doing the best they can to get through it.  I wear a mask every single time I go out in public when required, I social distance when required and in general I'm careful not to get or give this virus to anyone.  I simply refuse to worry 24-7 about this virus and choose to live life as close to normal as possible.  At some point we have to get on with life, I think there is a lot of harm done to some people due to the isolation that is never talked about.  My 87 year oild mother is in an assisted living home and when I went to visit her last week there was a lady sitting next to her and I asked her how she liked it there and she replied..."I hate it here, I'm so lonely I just want to die!"  How many of our elderly feel this way?  No visitors are allowed inside, only 2 of us can visit my mom by appointment for 1 hour and we have to sit outside.  We have to wear gowns, masks, have temp & oxygen levels taken which is fine BUT I live in Iowa and winter is just around the corner.  Are we supposed to sit in the parking lot for Thanksgiving & Christmas?  No one has any answers as to how long this goes on while the people who live here are so lonely they want to die!

No answers, no solutions....we all just wait for it to end  It's just frustrating, that's all!

God bless you and your dear mother. I am so sorry you and yours are so lonely. It is very hard to bear. No one deserves to suffer this.

It will not always be this way. I do have hope for our future. May we all live in good health to see the better days ahead.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr