Trusted Contributor

@novamc1 

Thank you for this vital info that I will mull over regarding my own savings acct with them that I'm unsure what to do with if I withdraw the funds.

I did get a call from some executive level person today (I have his direct line and name) expressing management's extreme regret and sincere apology for the hijinks I've been put through in this "mickey mouse" fiasco.  He said he was taking the matter over personally and would be in touch with me before the end of the week to resolve it.

We'll see.

Respected Contributor

@pdlinda 

Glad you finally reached the "executive level" person.  That's exactly what I've had to do, but it takes a long time on the phone and a lot of persistence to get that far in that organization.

The time it takes to solve problems by going thru multiple layers of people is more than it would take me to visit a local branch office of any other bank I do business with and get the job done.

Trusted Contributor

The matter with USAA was resolved in my favor yesterday.  Executive called to report my acct credited with the amt in question and the case closed.

I am satisfied that USAA finally showed me the level of CS I always expected from them.  I am also grateful that the exec listened carefully to my experience with this fiasco and, hopefully, will use it as a case study in training reps in the future to avoid anyone else suffering as I did.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful, the best resolution you could hope for after the long delay.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy for you @pdlinda on this successful resolution!  I think contacting Amazon is probably what moved this along!

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

For sure!  I pictured the call between USAA and Amazon security taking less than 5 mins, reviewing the details of the charge, flagging whomever the scammer was to document file, agreeing that Amazon would assume the liability and concluding:  "Have a nice day."