Honored Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH USAA

[ Edited ]

@nana59   You are lucky you are out.  I was proud to be a member of USAA.....so sad and challenging.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D   Thank you.  I will copy your post.

I know it may sound quite remarkable; however, this is the FIRST incident I've ever had with fraud on any of my credit cards!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda @Make your copies of the two posts I made right now please. Go to the FTC Sample Letter ink inmy first post and COPY THE SAMPLE LETTER ASAP.

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd  From reading the responses I received to my post I'm having some doubt regarding how they will handle ("slow walk") closing my substantial (for me) savings acct.  The CC unit is part of their banking division.  HMMMM.

Respected Contributor

It may be too late to dispute the charge with Chase. Consumers have either sixty or ninety days to dispute charges. If it's ninety days, your in luck. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D  Will do!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda   If you read some of the reviews online, you will begin to get an idea of what you are facing.  Yes, large sums of money are involved.  Keep on it...you will prevail.

@pdlinda wrote:

@phoenixbrd  From reading the responses I received to my post I'm having some doubt regarding how they will handle ("slow walk") closing my substantial (for me) savings acct.  The CC unit is part of their banking division.  HMMMM.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

we, too, were with usaa for decades...husband's dad was military....and so is my husband....when all of a sudden our home insurance skyrocketed...they determined our house was in a flood zone.....there's not a drop of water around us....but just so happened there had been many floods across the country....guess they had to recoop some of their claims.....just wrong....and deceptive.....dropped them for another insurance company.....

@nana59  I dropped USAA a also because they added a wind damage increase. I put my car and house with another company. 
  With all the floods and storms, fires it will all increase! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda @PART 3. This is the complete law, The Fair credit Billing Act. You can add it to your files if you want and verify that the information in the other posts in the thread is complete. http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid%3AUSC-prelim-title15-chapter41-subchapter1-partD&ed...

@pdlinda Now Save, maybe print this. The part of the act dealing with credit card only

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjwhNG4ponzAhUJTN8KHeKhAB4Q...

@pdlinda ALL THIS WILL TAKE IS A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAW AND A LETTER AND THERE'S EVEN A TEMPLATE OF THE LETTER FOR YOU TO USE. ITS NOT HARD TO DO, ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.