20210829_154445.jpg

20210829_154506.jpg

20210831_171258.jpg

20210831_171337.jpg

20210831_171409.jpg

20210829_175502.jpg

20210829_175257.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

They are celebrating the holiday lol. Great pics! Love the racks on those bucks and seeing them all so relaxed.

Honored Contributor

That is quite the crowd for a Labor Day celebration!!!!!  I love how the woodland friends are all resting after dinner, just like some people who take a nap after a full meal!!!!!  It is a scene of calm and peacefulness at the Wick's.  The bucks look majestic with their huge antlers, the does so pretty, a delightful Labor Day as Fall approaches!

Honored Contributor

Wow, it's the labor day parade!

The deer in the second picture look like they are talking to you, saying thank you! 

And they have definitely found their sanctuary, @MamaWick and Papa Wick's, haven't they?!🥰

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, word is out about @MamaWick B & B. Looks like they came, they ate, they rested in the shade.

Thank You! Riley1

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

That is quite the crowd for a Labor Day celebration!!!!!  I love how the woodland friends are all resting after dinner, just like some people who take a nap after a full meal!!!!!  It is a scene of calm and peacefulness at the Wick's.  The bucks look majestic with their huge antlers, the does so pretty, a delightful Labor Day as Fall approaches!

@spiderw    Deer have the same stomach arrangement as do cows.  So after they eat, they must chew a cud.  They're not just resting; they're digesting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

All the pictures are beautiful. I really like the last one 🤗

Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 09/06/2021

[ Edited ]

Look at all the deer and I love to see them laying down and relaxing.  At least they get a chance to escape the real wild life.  The deer like to pose for pictures.  If I live near a forest with I would feed them if they were hungry especially in the winter.  Where I live there are plenty of squirrels and geese.  The geese eat al lot of grass.  There are signs up not to feed the animals but people do.

@MamaWick   Did the deer always come to this location by your home? I was wondering when this all started?  Please reply.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Of course, they don't want to miss out.  I think this is the only time I've seen this many of your Deer Family, counting 10 or 11?  I'm sure they're all thankful to you & Papa for feeding them daily, as long as they have their carrots or other treats.  When I saw the photo of them all lying down, that's what I felt like doing when we got home.  They look so peaceful, one big happy family.

Thank you, as always, for sharing them with us.  Much appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  We bought our house 03/2018, but didn't move/retire here until 07/2019.  Before we arrived full time, a neighbor would send us pictures of deer in our yard.  The yard was not nearly as green then as it is now during the spring and summer.  It is St Augustine grass and will soon start a dormant stage.  So, they have been coming for at least as long as we have owned the place.  This is the second year we have noted Tracy and Betty Lou.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix