Honored Contributor

Customer Service difference.

Saturday I ordered a pair of shoes from the Q.  They are still in process.

Sunday I ordered a coffee pot from Amazon and its being delivered today.

Just a slight difference in customer service.  I really dont need the shoes now as they are sandals, and I am not complaining, just thought I would share the difference in shipping and taking care of your customers.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Service difference.

Amazon is amazing.  We too have ordered items and the next day they're here.  I don't know how they do it and why it takes QVC days "in process."  Macy's is also a very quick shipper and I've gotten stuff within a few days of ordering.  Maybe the Q needs to hire more warehouse staff and fewer "hosts."

Respected Contributor

I placed an order on January 18th still waiting for it to ship. Recently ordered a paper shredder from the Q, took eight days before it shipped. QVC needs to address these problems because it seems they are getting worse. Think maybe they are spending to much time trying to see how many channels they can  add.

Respected Contributor

They still haven't figured out there is competition out there, but their bottom line will start to show it soon if they don't get with the times.  Personally, I order nearly everything online these days, and not much of it is from the Q.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@ImaoldhippieAs long as I don't have to pay Amazon upfront for delivery, I'll wait.

Amazon depends upon its Prime payers to fund their delivery, and they especially like buyers like me who order only occasionally so our dollars support those who buy often.  In fact, they just raised their one-month fee to discourage occasional use of their company.

PS -  my last Q order arrived 4 days from order -   and my last return took 10 days from mailing to seeing my dollars back in my charge account.  Both pleased me.

Super Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, not to be disagreeable, I agree Amazon is usually very fast! But recently I ordered a modem on a Thursday night, it shipped Friday night... the following week!! I didn't need it immediately, so wasn't bothered, but thought it was odd. And it came from Amazon, not another seller.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a candle from the Q on 1/10/18.

It still says "Arrival Scan Horsham PA 1/12/18".

Today is the 23rd.

Trusted Contributor

Amazon is second to none.  On the average the Q has been taking three to four days to ship.  I don't need anything right now either, but...  I guess that's good because I can't imagine it changing anyhow, and I am complaining a little bit.

Honored Contributor

I stopped buying from the Q because of their slow shipping. There is so much competition out there now I really can't understand anyone still buying from them! You pay full price, have to pay for shipping, you have to pay if you return and they keep your item in processing for days and days. Its a lose lose situation.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Last Thurs. I ordered a new printer from Amazon at noon.  It was delivered yesterday morning at 9:00 AM.  Not even 2 full business days later.  And it came from New Jersey ----  I live in Arizona!  Probably a 1700 to 1800 mile trip in less than 2 business days (delivered by Fed Ex).

I do however have a beef with Fed Ex.  The box reeks of cigarette smoke!    I sat it back out on my porch so it could "air out" as my Mom used to say!!   And I should not completely blame the smell  on Fed Ex, it could have gotten the smell from the place it was shipped from, because Amazon did farm it out to a third party place!!