Honored Contributor

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm always glad to see posts by  @Adelina and @suzyQ3. Thank you, ladies.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'd love to see more information myself, including a primer on what occurred and what it means -- from an UNBIASED source, not one that it totally U.S-centric.

Very few of us have the knowledge of global economics to weigh in with reasonably astute comments on a topic that is undoubtedly very complex.

Here Suzy, I found this. Not sure how unbiased it is, but it's a pretty clear explanation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/12/upshot/why-did-china-devalue-its-currency-two-big-reasons.html?abt...

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@suzyQ3, this is a shopping channel message board. I don't think anyone needs an economics degree to have an opinion.

LOL. Clearly, people don't need any background at all on these forums to make uninformed statements in the guise of knowledge.  It's been proved over and over.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm always glad to see posts by  @Adelina and @suzyQ3. Thank you, ladies.

That's not rude at all.

Honored Contributor

General terms? When you talk about the economy, it's specific:

According to Kiplinger and Market Watch, the economy is darn good and poised for the same.

So when someone says that it's going down the drain, I have to wonder why. Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

How nice to hear that, CB. And it's mutual.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

OP is not coming back, is she?  Darn, fell for it again! :-)

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to have an opinion, whether you like it or not. Last I looked, we still have freedom of speech in the US.

I'm not going to try to prove anything, because you would just argue with that.

I'm not on here to argue or convince anyone of anything, I'm here to express my opinion.

Period...

Poor @esmeraldagooch, you tried to start a discussion and get all this static.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much, betteb. I'll definitely check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

What's going on on this thread?

I'm in the dark here.