Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I know little to nothing about the stock market but I think our economy has been circling the drain for a while now.........

@esmeraldagooch, thanks for starting the thread.

Really? Some stats to back that up? Because from what I read daily, the economy in many areas has picked up tremendously.

You don't look at an "area," you look at the whole picture.  Real unemployment is over 20%, the country's real debt with unfunded liabilities may be over 200 trillion, the labor-participation numbers haven't been this bad in 38 years, half the population is at least being partially supported by the gov, and immigration of all types will be increasing our population by up to 100 million in the next 10 years with family reunification.  Jobs and resources will be coming from where?  We also have a massive problem looming if the world decides to go to a bucket currency

That's not including hitting American businesses with demands for higher wages, higher hc costs, higher energy costs, higher taxes, and the unintended consequences of bad trade treaties.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor
Source(s) ?

TIA
Esteemed Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I know little to nothing about the stock market but I think our economy has been circling the drain for a while now.........

Really? Some stats to back that up? Because from what I read daily, the economy in many areas has picked up tremendously.

You don't look at an "area," you look at the whole picture.  Real unemployment is over 20%, the country's real debt with unfunded liabilities may be over 200 trillion, the labor-participation numbers haven't been this bad in 38 years, half the population is at least being partially supported by the gov, and immigration of all types will be increasing our population by up to 100 million in the next 10 years with family reunification.  Jobs and resources will be coming from where?  We also have a massive problem looming if the world decides to go to a bucket currency

That's not including hitting American businesses with demands for higher wages, higher hc costs, higher energy costs, higher taxes, and the unintended consequences of bad trade treaties.

WRONG again..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

No, the links that I posted covered all the economic markers.

You're giving me political talking points here, not economic indicators.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Actually, our economy is doing quite well. The worry should be if China calls in payment of the loans we got from them back in the early 2000's and beyond. That would put us in a world of trouble.

Over 200 trillion in unfunded liabilities and debt isn't doing well, and how many cities and states are also in trouble?  Debt has been building since Kennedy, and it has doubled in the last 7 years.  Welfare has exploded, and that's another bad indicator.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor
Again, what is/are your source(s) not opinion(s)

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Actually, our economy is doing quite well. The worry should be if China calls in payment of the loans we got from them back in the early 2000's and beyond. That would put us in a world of trouble.

Over 200 trillion in unfunded liabilities and debt isn't doing well, and how many cities and states are also in trouble?  Debt has been building since Kennedy, and it has doubled in the last 7 years.  Welfare has exploded, and that's another bad indicator.

How many cities and states in trouble?

How has welfare exploded?

What are the liabilities?

What has the country been doing since the Kennedy administration?

How has the debt doubled in the last seven years as opposed to the last twenty?

REPUTABLE sites only no blogs, no opinions..just the FACTS maam.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

The stock market goes up and the stock market goes down. That's why a wise investor is diversified in the kind of and places they invest. The stock market has mor than doubled since 2009. Even though my portfolio went down today,it is up mor than 8% this year so far. I am very happy!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Now is the time to invest.  Have a good money manager on the hook and wait it out.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I have a good friend who is a financial analyst.  His opinion is that the market will have a small correction (not a crash), but basically things will continue to improve.  Of course, no one has a crystal ball, but in general, most of the people that I know who study this for a living are optimistic.  I don't hear doom and gloom from them.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero