Respected Contributor

Currency devaluation

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

China's move spooks the market.  What are your thoughts?

Two questions and one comment:

1.  Can you give us more information? 

2.  Is your statement "China's move spooks the market" from a headline or is that your opinion?

Comment: You go first.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Super Contributor

My thoughts are the not good ones on even our economy. It's only a matter of time before it all tanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know little to nothing about the stock market but I think our economy has been circling the drain for a while now.........

@esmeraldagooch, thanks for starting the thread.

Honored Contributor

I'd love to see more information myself, including a primer on what occurred and what it means -- from an UNBIASED source, not one that it totally U.S-centric.

Very few of us have the knowledge of global economics to weigh in with reasonably astute comments on a topic that is undoubtedly very complex.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Currency devaluation

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I know little to nothing about the stock market but I think our economy has been circling the drain for a while now.........

Really? Some stats to back that up? Because from what I read daily, the economy in many areas has picked up tremendously.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3, this is a shopping channel message board. I don't think anyone needs an economics degree to have an opinion.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@suzyQ3, this is a shopping channel message board. I don't think anyone needs an economics degree to have an opinion.

No, you don't. But if you're going to weigh in with a statement, you could at least support it. You don't need a degree in anything to be able to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Really? Some stats to back that up? Because from what I read daily, the economy in many areas has picked up tremendously.

LOL.

I'm not going to argue with you about the economy.

What I said was my opinion.

I do agree that things have picked up recently, it seems like. I'm speaking in general terms...

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

No, you don't. But if you're going to weigh in with a statement, you could at least support it. You don't need a degree in anything to be able to do so.

I don't needs stats for an opinion.

If you want stats, look them up yourself.