Respected Contributor

Cuddle Duds “big deal”

[ Edited ]

Cuddle Duds lounge set being promoted as a "big deal" for $39 today. However, in the video the price is $35, so if it was previously sold at that price, why is it a big deal today?  The pricing is so confusing a376233

Honored Contributor

Re: Cuddle Duds “big deal”

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Another new name Sue 

What does big deal stand for on QVC?

Big Deal means a set of appearances on QVC in which one item is featured for a material number of shows on a given day, and with such item referred to as a Big Deal by QVC.

The Big Deal is never advertised as the lowest price offered. QVC prices fluctuate quite a bit. The Big Deal is just another type of sale they offer.

I actually see this frequently on ShopHQ and HSN as well. The video will show a lower price yet, the item is on "sale" or "special price" etc. but higher than on the video. 

I find I have to decide on my price point and be sure I am happy enough that if the price is lowered, I am okay with it. Remember, if the price is reduced within 30 days, many businesses offer to refund the difference. This includes QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has so many price points and price names that it is hard to keep up. Plus the prices are constantly changing. Seems like they try anything and everything to spur sales. Personally I think it makes it harder to shop and more confusing.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead