Respected Contributor

Input Please - Uplifting or Humorous Birthday Wisdom

I've been googling and haven't quite found what I'm after. So much of what comes up is about getting older but I want to stay away from that. Need something lighthearted for what I'm sending. tia

Honored Contributor

Re: Input Please - Uplifting or Humorous Birthday Wisdom

@ThinkingOutLoud   Go to Google Images and ask for "uplifting birthday greetings".  I agree, many birthday wishes relating to age are downright depressing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Having just turned 70 I got a few that made me laugh, one is:  

You've reached that age where your brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that "… to "What the heck, let's see what happens".

And got one that said "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years!"

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Granted, you need to share a very particular sense of humor with the recipient, but I once sent a card that read, "Congratulations on another year of not croaking."  It featured a frog.

Yes, I know many here will be offended.

Honored Contributor

My boss turned 62 on Monday.  In his card I wrote, Oh My, you can now take early retirement.  We graduated from the same high school one year apart so there is history for being funny or making fun of the aging process.  Still it seems like only yesterday I took a huge photo of him from our high school yearbook and had posters made and placed in all four of our office buildings elevator celebrating his turning 40!!  His sweet wife put them all around restaurant for his surprise birthday party that we gave him that night.  

Google exactly what you are looking for even if it is a long sentence or description. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Why does age have to be mentioned at all?  I appreciate congratulations on your special or a simple Happy Birthday.  Unless this is a friend and you both have been making fun of each other getting older forever.

Respected Contributor

Image result for humorous quotes for the aging

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My boss turned 62 on Monday.  In his card I wrote, Oh My, you can now take early retirement.  We graduated from the same high school one year apart so there is history for being funny or making fun of the aging process.  Still it seems like only yesterday I took a huge photo of him from our high school yearbook and had posters made and placed in all four of our office buildings elevator celebrating his turning 40!!  His sweet wife put them all around restaurant for his surprise birthday party that we gave him that night.  

Google exactly what you are looking for even if it is a long sentence or description. 

@beckyb1012 - What a great story! I'm sure your boss' wife enjoyed working with you to make that birthday special! 

And how nice to work for someone you can joke with, someone you can have fun with, and someone you can trust. You must enjoy working where you do!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 - What a great story! I'm sure your boss' wife enjoyed working with you to make that birthday special! 

And how nice to work for someone you can joke with, someone you can have fun with, and someone you can trust. You must enjoy working where you do!   Smiley Happy

I do and it will be 26 years at the end of this month.  I worked for his older brother first for 15 years and he died unexpectedly.  W. asked me to stay to the end of the year that year to close his portion of the firm.  Then at the end of that asked if I would stay one more year to help him with his part of the family companies, then the next year asked for one more year.  Then the third December he said let's just forget this one more year stuff and keep going.  Keep going we have.  We have become parents and grandparents and lost parents and siblings together.  Tears and laughter.  Redoing our office lease last month I told the owner of the building we probably have another 10 years left in us, and W. said "oh, Becky we have to go longer than that!"  70's ++++++++  It is a blessing to be here, thank you @beach-mom 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Why so much concern about humor when someone celebrates a birthday? If it's just a card, make one yourself, I did that for years when my hockey players had a birthday. I knew a little about things that they liked, and rolled with it.

For me getting old is just another phase of life. Humor is something I see or hear every day. Some on the news, others on FB, some on a late night show. 

Never been a birthday guy. To me it's just another chronological day of my life, no need to celebrate being alive, on 1 specific day. I celebrate internally every day I wake up.  🙂🙂

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)