Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2   I'm sorry. It's so hard to see them age. It's hard to let them go!  Prayers for you all. 
                        🐕  🙏🏼

Trusted Contributor

Jordan2, I am so sorry!  It is so hard to loose pets.  You will probably grieve for awhile and don't feel badly about it.  My heart goes out to you!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 

So sorry to hear this.  Everyone has said it all.

We have so many wonderful memories of our

dogs (and cats), and these memories have

stayed with us.  They are family, and we

have all been so lucky to have had them in

our lives.

It is obvious you care very much, take care of

yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

Hugs and Prayers for everyone who loves this precious pup. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Sending wishes for Peace, Love, and Light to sweet Doggie and your family.

@Jordan2 wrote:

My sister has the sweetest dog, she is 14 years old and in failing health. She told me yesterday they're going to have her euthanized tomorrow. We all know it is best for her, she can't see anymore, and doesn't hear well, she has a hard time navigating stairs. She isn't my dog, but I am taking it very hard, I'm crying as I write this. I know this is the best action for her, I just hope it will be quick and her suffering will be over. I know she will have people who love her waiting when she crosses over the bridge. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Sending warm thoughts/hugs to you at this so sad time -  we have experienced this too - it is, however, a peaceful journey for our beloved friends.

Respected Contributor

Re: Crying For Two Days

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2I'm also sending best wishes for your sister's pet. I wish our humans were treated with as much compassion as our pets are.  I have an almost 15 year old large dog nearing the bridge right now and he is treated amazingly well.  He eats pizza and chinese food and whatever he wants.  When his time comes, the vet will come to our home and put him to rest.  I hope I am as fortunate when my time comes.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 , Many of us understand, i sure do ,my dogs are my family, i find it hard to lose them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  I am so sorry.  My heart goes out to you and your sister.  This is never easy, but we do the best things for our family, even when painful.  It is ok to cry and grief has no time frame.  My condolences.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I understand

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix