Honored Contributor
@Jordan2, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to face this, as I am trying to brace myself for this same heartbreak coming fairly soon. My little darling is in failing health, is blind and as another poster said, she gets whatever she wants to eat, and does whatever she wants to do, which at this point isn't very much, mostly sleeps now. I can't stand the thought, but I won't let her suffer and am mindful of her quality of life also.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I'm so sorry that you and your sister (and familily members) are going through this. It's always so tough.

Our vet came to the house to put Sadie to sleep a few years ago. I held her close on my lap and DH and I took turns comforting her and telling her how precious she was and always will be to us. Yes, lots of grief and tears for many months. 

Over the years, many have had to "go" over the bridge, but I've come to understand when getting a pet, it's likely I'd out live them. That never helps at the end, but I wouldn't trade a minute of the unconditional love they've given me.

Esteemed Contributor

19642434_10213330721732673_498781546057077299_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Just reading your post made my cry for my dear Chloe who passed last month.  It was awful and I really was quite a mess, but know that I couldn't have her suffer and that my wonderful dogs who had passed years prior would take care of her.  I will see all of them someday.  Her spirit was great, but her body gave out on her.

Just know that she gave her a wonderful long life and will see her again someday.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

19642434_10213330721732673_498781546057077299_n.jpg

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone, although they made me cry, this post more than any other. My sister and her husband had a morning appointment at the vet today, She's gone, but I got to say goodbye to her and tell her how much I'll miss her. I pray she is at peace now and no longer suffering. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

Your response was touching. 

Our pets remain with us forever.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry about your sister's dog.  Eight weeks ago I went through the same thing with my 15 year old Brandy.  I know she is not suffering anymore but I still cry everyday.  It feels like I lost my best friend.  Glad that I have so many happy memories with her.   Heart

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry for your sorrow, Our fur babies love us unconditionally, She knows how much you and her family loved her.

Respected Contributor

I have had to put down several dogs and it is always very heartbreaking.  The last one was my best friend and my heart and soul.  That was a year ago and tears are coming writing this.  I have not so far lost a human that affected me this hard.  I think it is because they are by your side 24/7 and ask so little and give so much love.  Sometimes I think when you get a dog you are asking for heartbreak but living without one is unthinkable.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Crying For Two Days

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

Every tear goes straight to heaven to let her know your love is with her forever!

@chiclet,

All so true.

I think you expressed everything my son and daughters and maybe many of us have felt about our "best friend," and that losing no human in our family was the same kind.

They give love like we have never had like we have with a dog. It really is a whole different experience of love. There with us all the time through all of life.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"