Honored Contributor

Critics Choice Awards last night

I happened upon this on the CW network last night looking for something to watch.

It was hands down the worst awards show I have ever seen. Many of the "winners" did not even show up. And the woman who was "hosting" the show was almost obscene in her commentary, none of which was funny.

Julia Roberts was there as a presenter and she made a remark something to the effect that she thought she was participating in some out of this world event (I am paraphrasing).

Did anyone else catch this show?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Critics Choice Awards last night

I didn't even know it was on. I feel like there's been so many awards shows in the last couple of weeks.

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 brii said:

I didn't even know it was on. I feel like there's been so many awards shows in the last couple of weeks.

You didn't miss anything, brii.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I saw it for a few minutes. Didn't one of the cohosts from "The Talk" host it? When I tuned in she was sitting at one of the tables and sounded like she had a fake English accent.

Ford, I love your review of the event. You always make me laugh! Hope all is well with you!

Honored Contributor

Ford1224, I wasn't aware it was on. Personally, I have award-show burnout. It's fun to watch one or two and the red carpet fashions are usually interesting, but the endless shows don't hold my attention.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 dooBdoo said:

Ford1224, I wasn't aware it was on. Personally, I have award-show burnout. It's fun to watch one or two and the red carpet fashions are usually interesting, but the endless shows don't hold my attention.

I agree. I will watch the Oscars though. Although I don't care who wins because Idris Elba wasn't even nominated.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 Deb1010again said:

I saw it for a few minutes. Didn't one of the cohosts from "The Talk" host it? When I tuned in she was sitting at one of the tables and sounded like she had a fake English accent.

Ford, I love your review of the event. You always make me laugh! Hope all is well with you!

Yes, Aisha Tyler hosted, she looked amazing!!!

Honored Contributor

Next one airs tomorrow night, SAG Awards, on TBS and TNT, 8 ET, then repeats at 10.

Esteemed Contributor

In searching the menu button on my remote, I came across it. She is one of the hosts on "The Talk", and I was surprised at her potty mouth, because she is so nice and clean on the daytime show. She is a stand up comic, but most of them today su--- and have no talent ,but this is what todays audience finds funny. Who cares who is going to Pe--, how gross, but that is all you hear today, is someone,s personal habits. Dumb down world.

Anyway, Julie Roberts is letting herself go with her outfits and I guess the rage is wearing those glasses that I have to read. I noticed most of the glamour girls are wearing them. Her hair could have used some fixing. The show wasn't that bad. The black beautiful girl that won for "12 years a slave", is absoluty gorgous without wearing a wig, just her natural hair. She did forget to mention Oprah when she was mentioning her peers in the category. Ms rac---- herself, Oprah.

Sorry about the spelling. Wish they bring back the spell button.

Valued Contributor

Yes, Aisha Tyler was the host. She is gorgeous and looked amazing, but I didn't find her jokes and patter amusing either. She was really trying, but IMO she just wasn't that funny to me.