Respected Contributor

His name was in some of our NM textbooks. He is Christopher Columbus in Spanish.

Honored Contributor

@traveler@I hate to admit I clicked on this thinking it was a health problem

Honored Contributor

Same here. I didn’t know what it was either. 

I hope all the past and present teachers on these forums don’t give us a bad mark for this boo boo.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@traveler@I hate to admit I clicked on this thinking it was a health problem

I clicked on wondering  "what the blank is this about"😆

Honored Contributor

Ha! I guess I'm the only one so far that had four years of Spanish in high school and four quarter in college.

I knew his 'real name' right off. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden me too.I thought with all of the colonoscopy threads maybe someone got a diagnosis that I should explore...just never know who could be hit with the Cistobal Colon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cristobal Colon

[ Edited ]

Looking back, when I was in Europe in the 70's or so, there were many statues scattered around Europe with a name similar to this.  At the time, I didn't know who, but after asking someone there, I was surprised to learn that their name was 'different'.  Or shall I say that our CC name  is different.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SeaMaiden me too.I thought with all of the colonoscopy threads maybe someone got a diagnosis that I should explore...just never know who could be hit with the Cistobal Colon.

@dex  My first thought was maybe it was a new  form of colon disease ....

Valued Contributor

Cristobal was one of the names my DD and her hubby, who is from Central America, were thinking of for my grandson!  He ended up with a very American sounding name. 

Respected Contributor

We're celebrating Indigenous People day here. CC was not a nice man to those he encountered in the new world.