Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid-related -- Los Angeles County

@golding76, You, my girl, are a true genius.  It is too bad there aren’t more like you.   But wait.  That would take time, energy, and forming a group of people with different areas of expertise to handle the problem.  You could hand it off and still have time to golf or whatever.

Respected Contributor

If I said what I think of these morons, I would be permanently kicked off the Forums.

Esteemed Contributor

It is a crazy mess.  

One thing I think is so hard, and I can only speak for CA, is the different rule sets for one group vs. another and people are fed up, bottom line.  The groups acting in this manner are going about this in the wrong way, but the bottom line is the high and mighty dictating what we must do when life continues on as normal for them and their families and their lives aren't being ruined is very frustrating.   That is about all I can say without getting poofed...again, totally agree these people are wrong and what they are doing is horrible, but what is being done to people's businesses and children is not right, period.  

Honored Contributor

There are people who don't and won't believe any of this until it happens to them.  

I have stated a number of times about a friend of ours that has refused to wear a mask, making up an ailment that prevents him from wearing one, consistently has referred to this virus as a bunch of bull, thinks the numbers are inflated, etc. 

Well guess who ended up with the virus?  Yep.  And of course guess who was all over FB whining and crying about how bad it was and how he should have worn a mask and taken this all more seriously.  He ended up in the hospital for 5 days with pneumonia on both lungs.  Then his wife ended up with it too and is still sick.    

Guess who are both on FB preaching about how real this is?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There are people who don't and won't believe any of this until it happens to them.  

I have stated a number of times about a friend of ours that has refused to wear a mask, making up an ailment that prevents him from wearing one, consistently has referred to this virus as a bunch of bull, thinks the numbers are inflated, etc. 

Well guess who ended up with the virus?  Yep.  And of course guess who was all over FB whining and crying about how bad it was and how he should have worn a mask and taken this all more seriously.  He ended up in the hospital for 5 days with pneumonia on both lungs.  Then his wife ended up with it too and is still sick.    

Unfortunately, if that's what it takes to convince them that the virus is real....

But, there are those that even after being told that they have Covid, they still don't believe that the virus is real.

I am beginning to think that we will never get on the other side of this virus.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Well, there's one minor silver lining.  I haven't heard of a single case of t h e flu.  I wonder if people wearing masks and distancing has prevented its spread?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

If people would stop acting like fools there would not be lockdowns.  Everyone regardless of conflicting theories out there - masks work - masks don't work, when Dr Fauci and other experts say it does help to stop the spread, people need to listen.  Less exposure means less chance of contracting covid even if your mask is not perfect and studies have shown those who wear a mask and still contract the disease usually are not as sick as someone who never wears one.  Again, it is the amount of virus you are exposed to.

I always wear a mask because it is required in my state.  It is no big deal, but I can see why people refuse to wear them.  

"Experts" like Dr Fauchi can't make up their minds and have lost credibility and trust. Who knows what to believe anymore?  

I have never read that if you wear a mask, you won't get as sick if you get Covid as someone who wears one.  That sounds silly and doesn't make sense. That is what they are saying about the vaccine.

A58BF6AC-30BE-48A1-B2AC-66D682AF9CB6.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I had a rare conversation with another human being the other day, a man whose son had the virus and told his father, "This is nothing. They're making a big deal about something that's no worse than the flu."

I'd never wish harm on anyone, but regret that the young man's course was so benign that he could say those things, which just confirmed his father's beliefs.

Dad is traveling today. Destination: Trouble. Although I always think of January 6th as The Coming of the Wise Men, I fear that this year it'll be called The Coming of the Nutters. Or worse.

And some thought 2021 was going to be all la und lustig. If only.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I had a rare conversation with another human being the other day, a man whose son had the virus and told his father, "This is nothing. They're making a big deal about something that's no worse than the flu."

I'd never wish harm on anyone, but regret that the young man's course was so benign that he could say those things, which just confirmed his father's beliefs.

Dad is traveling today. Destination: Trouble. Although I always think of January 6th as The Coming of the Wise Men, I fear that this year it'll be called The Coming of the Nutters. Or worse.

@noodleann   Would you have preferred the young man suffer devastating life consequences  just to prove them both wrong?

Or may if he died that would have really shown the father.

I'm surprised at you-you say you don't wish harm yet are disappointed this young man and his father didn't suffer more?

I don't understand. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@noodleann 

I never thought that 2021 was going to be all "la und lustig", but I do have hope that it will be better than last year.

I have to have hope that things will get better, because if I don't have hope, then I might as well just end it all now, because what would be the point of going on?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.