Respected Contributor

Re: Covid-related -- Los Angeles County

@Cakers3 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There are people who don't and won't believe any of this until it happens to them.  

I have stated a number of times about a friend of ours that has refused to wear a mask, making up an ailment that prevents him from wearing one, consistently has referred to this virus as a bunch of bull, thinks the numbers are inflated, etc. 

Well guess who ended up with the virus?  Yep.  And of course guess who was all over FB whining and crying about how bad it was and how he should have worn a mask and taken this all more seriously.  He ended up in the hospital for 5 days with pneumonia on both lungs.  Then his wife ended up with it too and is still sick.    

Guess who are both on FB preaching about how real this is?  

I had a rare conversation with another human being the other day, a man whose son had the virus and told his father, "This is nothing. They're making a big deal about something that's no worse than the flu."

I'd never wish harm on anyone, but regret that the young man's course was so benign that he could say those things, which just confirmed his father's beliefs.

Dad is traveling today. Destination: Trouble. Although I always think of January 6th as The Coming of the Wise Men, I fear that this year it'll be called The Coming of the Nutters. Or worse.

And some thought 2021 was going to be all la und lustig. If only.

@noodleann   Would you have preferred the young man suffer devastating life consequences  just to prove them both wrong?

Or may if he died that would have really shown the father.

I'm surprised at you-you say you don't wish harm yet are disappointed this young man and his father didn't suffer more?

I don't understand. 

Like fun you don't understand. My words are quite clear and your take is quite ugly. Fish elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There are people who don't and won't believe any of this until it happens to them.  

I have stated a number of times about a friend of ours that has refused to wear a mask, making up an ailment that prevents him from wearing one, consistently has referred to this virus as a bunch of bull, thinks the numbers are inflated, etc. 

Well guess who ended up with the virus?  Yep.  And of course guess who was all over FB whining and crying about how bad it was and how he should have worn a mask and taken this all more seriously.  He ended up in the hospital for 5 days with pneumonia on both lungs.  Then his wife ended up with it too and is still sick.    

Guess who are both on FB preaching about how real this is?  

I had a rare conversation with another human being the other day, a man whose son had the virus and told his father, "This is nothing. They're making a big deal about something that's no worse than the flu."

I'd never wish harm on anyone, but regret that the young man's course was so benign that he could say those things, which just confirmed his father's beliefs.

Dad is traveling today. Destination: Trouble. Although I always think of January 6th as The Coming of the Wise Men, I fear that this year it'll be called The Coming of the Nutters. Or worse.

And some thought 2021 was going to be all la und lustig. If only.

@noodleann 

I never thought that 2021 was going to be all "la und lustig", but I do have hope that it will be better than last year.

I have to have hope that things will get better, because if I don't have hope, then I might as well just end it all now, because what would be the point of going on?

@Anonymous032819   Agree.  We carry on.

I think we can all take a lesson from others who have had hope in the saddest of situations that were not COVID related.

I'm a realist; the worst may not be over but that means eventually the best will come along.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Both sides of the issue are  crazyville in Ca

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

You have to wonder if the water supply is tainted with some crazy drug.  This is a place where ambulance medics have been advised not to bring anyone to the hospital if they think a person won’t be able to be revived following a heart attack.

I will refrain from commenting on the care and attention from Washington during this mess.  

@PamfromCT 

The behavior is simply bizarre. But it is nation-wide. 

- I knew I was being smart when I stopped drinking the tap water decades ago! Lol

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Both sides of the issue are  crazyville in Ca

The whole county is living in Crazyville, not just CA 

Honored Contributor

Yeah that's the way to make people want to go back into stores. Make them into conflict zones. /Sarcasm.

You want things to go back how they used to be? This is not the way. Before Covid nasty gangs of thugs did not go around malls threatening people. If you do that, you deserve to get arrested just like any other thug disturbing the peace.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Well, there's one minor silver lining.  I haven't heard of a single case of t h e flu.  I wonder if people wearing masks and distancing has prevented its spread?

@Kachina624 

Australia already had their flu season and reported very few cases of flu. It does show that masks make a difference. 

But, I know of at least one who has had the flu.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@happycat.  I too, have a sense of impending doom.  Thank goodness we had stronger, more courageous and cooperative citizens during WWII, or we may not have won the war.  We've become a nation of selfish crybabies and wimps.

@Kachina624  @suzyQ3 

NOT trying to de-rail the conversation, but I was thinking about this yesterday.   When there was a draft and young men enlisted, they learned self-discipline and to act for the greater good.  JMO, but men accomplished more when they had been in the military.  As @Kachina624  mentioned, a lot of men are just whiny crybabies and spoiled idiots.

Again, JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@happycat.  I too, have a sense of impending doom.  Thank goodness we had stronger, more courageous and cooperative citizens during WWII, or we may not have won the war.  We've become a nation of selfish crybabies and wimps.

@Kachina624  @suzyQ3 

NOT trying to de-rail the conversation, but I was thinking about this yesterday.   When there was a draft and young men enlisted, they learned self-discipline and to act for the greater good.  JMO, but men accomplished more when they had been in the military.  As @Kachina624  mentioned, a lot of men are just whiny crybabies and spoiled idiots.

Again, JMO.

@Tinkrbl44, personally I'm not sure that the military is the only way to develop acting for the greater good, especially when drafted. Maybe it did help many, though.

But let's not single out men here. Women can also be just as bad when it comes to entitlement and self-interest.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland