Honored Contributor

Re: Covid-related -- Los Angeles County

@tansy wrote:

I watched the shopping cart incident.  It does seem like the world has all jumped on the crazy train 😳

Yes, that woman was quite the charmer, wasn't she? Ramming her cart into others'.

Although I think that those who follow the rules may be less prone to a violent reaction, one can't count on that. These people are playing with fire.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Glad to hear your son has recovered, @FiddleDeeDee . 

I second this, @FiddleDeeDee 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I watched the shopping cart incident.  It does seem like the world has all jumped on the crazy train 😳

Yes, that woman was quite the charmer, wasn't she? Ramming her cart into others'.

Although I think that those who follow the rules may be less prone to a violent reaction, one can't count on that. These people are playing with fire.

I didn't see this, haven't had much news on today. But, if someone rams a cart into me and makes a remark about me wearing a mask, I won't be able to post on here for a while.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Maurading crowds of anti-Covid restrictions pushing people in supermarkets and harassing patrons of malls. I wish I could post the videos.

Source: Los Angeles Times

A group of anti-maskers was captured on video storming through a grocery store and the Westfield Century City mall Sunday in protest of COVID-19 health mandates, at times harassing employees and customers.

Videos on social media showed the group without masks walking through a Ralphs grocery store and arguing with customers. In one video, a man can be seen rejecting an offer of a mask, stating, “I don’t need that; I don’t wear masks.”

One man said he tested negative and called a customer at the grocery store a “mask Nazi.” An unmasked woman tried to ram her shopping cart into a masked man, claiming that he hit her, and was later seen kicking the man in a checkout line.

“Come on, patriots, show him what’s up,” she could be heard saying on the video.

The group then headed to the Westfield Century City mall, where they chanted, “No more masks,” and tried to enter stores but were stopped by employees. On several occasions, the group got into verbal altercations with workers.

Los Angeles police officers were present to “keep the peace” during the demonstration, according to Officer Rosario Cervantes, a spokeswoman for the LAPD. No arrests were made, but two battery reports were taken, she said.

The event comes nearly a week after a group of maskless demonstrators forced its way into an Erewhon market in the Fairfax district in protest of coronavirus restrictions.

Video showed at least six police vehicles near the Erewhon on Beverly Boulevard. A crowd of protesters chanted in front of the store, some shouting, “Open up L.A.!” One person yelled, “They want you to wear a mask, they want you to lock down!”

The protest also comes as Los Angeles County averages more than 14,000 new cases of COVID-19 per day, according to The Times’ tracker, and hospitalizations continue to climb. On Sunday, 85 people died of the virus, which has killed more than 26,000 statewide.

In California, public health mandates require that all residents wear face masks when outside their homes.

@suzyQ3 

WOW.   I was in Beverly Hills on Sunday, and almost stopped at that grocery store ... Gelson's.  So glad I avoided that mess!   

People are behaving so stupidly .......      

@Tinkrbl44, be careful. I mean, if they out in force in Beverly Hills, what next? :-)

Do your or anyone else sometimes feel as if you're in a movie, that this isn't real?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@happycat.  I too, have a sense of impending doom.  Thank goodness we had stronger, more courageous and cooperative citizens during WWII, or we may not have won the war.  We've become a nation of selfish crybabies and wimps.

You are absolutely right, @Kachina624.

Honored Contributor

My dearest first cousin and his wife (in Pennsylvania) are now fighting this vicious virus.  Their symptoms were an incessant cough, extreme tiredness and, finally, being unable to eat for a week.  Neither one recorded a fever.

Their children stepped in and forced them to go to the ER.  He spent over a week at the hospital, is still weak (but less so) and requires oxygen during his at-home recuperation.  His precious wife is still in the hospital, fighting to stabilize her oxygen level.  The doctor told their children that she will have to go to rehab when she is released from the hospital.  I pray that she is well and strong enough to be released soon.

This is horrible!  

To think that those who have been influenced by sources that do not adhere to facts but, rather, propaganda are acting on ideas and claims that are false.  How did we get into this ocean of insanity?

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

It's happening in Florida as well; some are obvious, on the news, in the paper. Some you only know about due to posts on private community Facebook sites, signs/flags placed in front yards or on bumper stickers. Occasionaly I'll witness it while in Publix or Walmart thought Walmart son says it's happpening more and more (he returns to work Thursday, btw since being diagnosed with Covid back in Mid-December). 

I don't know what to say, to think. I only know what WE'RE going to do and keep on doing it. 

@FiddleDeeDee, All my best to your family and your son.  My DD had the virus very early - back in March - and recouped at home like your son.  Thought you would like to hear she is totally fine, so side effects at all.  I know that is always a worry.

Honored Contributor

FiddleDeeDee,

I hope your son is successfully fighting this very destructive virus.  Love and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and his dear wife.  I pray she will recover soon.  Yes, this virus is a horror.  Written of this often, but my SH’s nephew is a doctor in a COVID unit right outside a major city.  Those workers on all levels, from docs and nurses to cleaning staff, are all heroes!  And my definition of true patriots.  We are so proud of our Dr. Bill.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 @noodleann @PamfromCT @golding76 and others....

Walmart Son is doing GREAT. He bounced back after about 6 days. Though he had all the symptoms except vomiting and diarrhea, they were mild and we treated it like the flu with chicken soup, toast and liquid's plus Advil. 

Being honest, I can see why people would think it's "no big deal" if all the people they knew with COVID or if they had COVID experienced it this way. The thing is, you don't know until it happens. To say I was (still am) terrified is an understatement. 

Thank you all for your good wishes and kind words. Hugs. Smiley Happy 

"Coming to ya from Florida"