Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Our church is requiring everyone to be tested prior to coming back to church on July 5th....Our city does have free drive thru testing......

Trusted Contributor

Well then your church would have to test everyone just prior to them walking in the door.  Any more prior than that could mean someone was infected.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Requiring or requesting?

Show a doctors note at the door?  That would be a no.

Valued Contributor

Honestly, this is crazy.  Any test you take is for that point in time.  We are just going through protocol for our church.   We will require masks, social distancing, ask people not to come if they are experiencing any symptoms, in a high-risk group or they just aren't comfortable returning at this time.  We will continue to provide an on-line worship. In the mean time it will be an abbreviated workship, no contact and no singing.  We need to get back to worship!  If things worsened in our area we would reassess.

Honored Contributor

Well I thought to make everyone get a test now doesn't help for church in 3 weeks! It was not a recommendation, it was a request that all members prior to attending be tested. No dr's note required, they are going on the honor system.....

But my whole point is why not wait until a week prior? this far out, you could test negative today, but next week who knows? 

Honored Contributor

Also, we have temp checks at the front door, and social distancing and masks required for the entire service. Only 3 people per pew, unless they are a family.

Trusted Contributor

Temperature checks also don't offer any guarantee since an asymptomatic carrier will not have a temperature.  I suppose something is better than nothing.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

This makes no sense and serves no purpose, unless they have people tested at the front door and allowed in when results are ready.  And if it's the honor system people will just lie.  People have been lying about a lot of things during this pandemic.  I keep reading and hearing stories about people who claimed to be asymptomatic but in fact were feeling ill and still went out and mingled with others.  So many stories, it is unbelievable.  A friend of a friend lied to everyone she knew for months that she went to an event at a gallery while feeling flu-like symptoms, saying all along she had no symptoms.  Local authorities need to better educate businesses and houses of worship that are reopening on what makes sense and what doesn't and how best to prevent spreading the disease.  Eveyrone is doing things a little differently and I really think there should be more coordination to get everyone on the same page.  Consistency is what we need now.  Not people making up their own rules and regulations.  

Esteemed Contributor

Might want to check that church in La Grande, Oregon for a cautionary tale.  

236 positive out of 365 tests.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Might want to check that church in La Grande, Oregon for a cautionary tale.  

236 positive out of 365 tests.

Wow! Scary.....