Honored Contributor

She's pretty and dresses maybe the most stylishly of any of the hosts, but I just can't bear to listen to her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I watch so little of QVC these days I have not seen her in quite a while, now I am curious if she does this often, might just have to tune in?

Super Contributor

I agree and try to give the hosts all a chance, IMO, Courtney is definitely impressed with herself and it shows.  On Friday when she was presenting, TSV, the bathing suit by herself, she was too much.  Many remarks not necessary.  The TV went off at her choice of words, "abso Frenking lutely", sorry Not selling a bathing on QVC!  I don't get offended just did not belong.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think she's lovely and looks fabulous in clothes but she is one host I think better suited for modeling.  I watched her doing a show with the gentleman from Israel selling Naot shoes.  He was passionate and she was ill informed and it was painful.  Sometimes I get embarrassed for her and that's painful to me.  I honestly can not watch the D&B presentations with her and Ashley (Sue's stand in).  I always look for new colors in Dooney but can't tune in long as they are like sorority sisters giggling and silly with very superficial remarks.  So now I look at the line up and purchase online...I don't like bashing a host because they are making a living like everyone else but Courtney needs a lot of mentoring and she is not drawing in the younger set because she is not down to earth, likes very high end and most people of her age just don't have the disposable income she apparently has....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 well, this may explain why:

"For her education, she has acquired two degrees in Theatre Arts & Liberal Arts between 2003 and 2008. She did her minor in English with prime focus on Theatre History & Performance, Broadcast Journalism, Sociology and Marketing from University of Mississippi."

To me, this explains her "dramatic" way of presenting that always seems way over the top. I am actually happy I don't see her often. 

I have nothing to say about her personally since I don't know her, I just don't like her hosting style at all and do not watch when she is presenting. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't she in her 30's? Isn't Amy also in her 30's?  Isn't Shawn in her early40's?Everyone keeps saying regarding Courtney "for one so young" but I know when I was in my late 20s, early 30's that is when I really started to gain my confidence in general. Don't most people? I'd say that if she was, say, early 20's but in your 30's, generally you know who you are and have some life experience behind you to really start being confident.

Isn't Amy really close to Courtney's age too? Their hosting styles are completely different. Amy is much more natural whereas Courtney, imo, seems like she is trying to hard which, again imo, means she isn't very confident. She seems a bit awkward and uncomfortable- more like the old adage fake it 'til you make it. I think she is very much faking alot of it.

So age has nothing to do with it, imo. All three hosts are very similar in age with very different hosting styles which I am sure is exactly why they were hired-something for everyone. How boring would it be if we only saw the same type of hosting style over and over. Most of the time, I can ignore the host and power through a show in which I  am interested in learning more about the product being presented, even if I don't particularly care for that host's style. What I can't do is power through a presentation where the host talks over vendors, prattles on incessantly and spews misinformation. That is when I change the channel and a sale is lost. 

I also think it is funny when everyone keeps calling Shawn middle age and Courtney is so young yet they are only probably about 10 years apart in age. lol