Honored Contributor

Re: Counterfeit laundry detergent

Is nothing sacred anymore....

Respected Contributor

I don't mean to laugh - but I can't imagine buying laundry Detergent from the back of a truck or the trunk of someone's car 

Counterfeit products are a very serious issue.   Thanks for this thread 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Is nothing sacred anymore....

Was anything ever, really?

Valued Contributor

Just one question...WHY?   I mean, of all the things to counterfit, why laundry soap ?  It is not like it is SOOOO expensive that a counterfit would be that much cheaper (I would think)

Honored Contributor

@stazgirl

Water is added to the counterfeit product making it more profitable. 

Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of the conterfeit toothpaste sold by Colgate-Palmolive some years ago.  These were found in discount stores, dollar stores and such.  Grrrrrrr.  This is good to know that they don't sell this size bucket.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

DesertDi:  Seriously, if you are allergic, it's serious.  Happened to us.  The next door neighbor didn't properly vent the gas on a new tankless water heater.  Guess where the gas ended up...........in our dining room.  This type of gas is very heavy, and it settled between our houses and seeped into my dining room and slowly into the rest of the house.  I recall being so tired in those days.  They had to install a taller stainless steel tube/vent/flue (or whatever they're called) so the gas is dissipated into the wide open air/atmosphere above.  Lucky I complained (nicely).  Those sections of SS pipes are costly (approx.$ 600 per section.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I don't mean to laugh - but I can't imagine buying laundry Detergent from the back of a truck or the trunk of someone's car 

Counterfeit products are a very serious issue.   Thanks for this thread 

Exactly! 

I would guess it wasn't detergent LOL!

Honored Contributor

DESERTDI:  Read my post several posts

@Desertdi wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

OMGoodness.......Just this morning a friend and I had just parked in front of a store............And 'low and behold', we got out of our car, and both of us almost choked on the slight breeze that was filled with laundry detergent and dryer sheets odor........And guess what!  The laundromat is two blocks away, up a slight hill.   (p.s. My friend isn't a type of 'sensitive-to-scents' person, so the odors must have been very strong.  ............ Anyway, who knows what ingredients are in the counterfeit version. 

@ROMARY    My next door neighbor has his outside dryer vent aimed right at my living room window...................  

DESERTDI:  Read my post several posts from this one.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh my goodness!  Who would have thought?  (rhetorical question)

I can't use Tide, or even be in a 'Tide household' because it makes me very sick.  But it's probably one of the most popular brands so I guess it makes sense that anybody who is going to counterfeit would choose it.

At any rate, this is very wrong so I hope that it is stopped.  You can't just use another company's name and logo, etc, to say that your product is theirs.

Agreed. And to think that some people will buy this, thinking they are getting something that they use and is safe to/for them, and perhaps have medical problems because it isn't what it says it is.

Glad this was posted.