Regular Contributor

Countdown to Christmas In July!

If July is filled with Christmas offerings I refrain from watching this month.  Hasn't anyone told QVC that is 90 plus degrees outside.  I am NOT interested in Christmas offerings. I am enjoying summer. This is  ridiculous programming.

Honored Contributor

Re: Countdown to Christmas In July!

Yes, ridiculous but apparently lucrative.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Many people enjoy it. It's a much needed break from cosmetics, electronics and mattresses.

Trusted Contributor

@I am appleblossom wrote:

If July is filled with Christmas offerings I refrain from watching this month.  Hasn't anyone told QVC that is 90 plus degrees outside.  I am NOT interested in Christmas offerings. I am enjoying summer. This is  ridiculous programming.

The temp outside right now has nothing to do with the Xmas in July shows.  QVC has done this for years.  And while we are not all on the same page as to QVCs programming, there are those that wait for these shows and that is why they continue to offer them. Don't understand all the fuss.  Hang on though, Lisa Rinna is on at midnight and  -- well that's a whole other story. 

Regular Contributor

I personally don't get the whole Christmas in July thing either.  I guess I'm a very seasonal buyer..... I have no desire to look at or buy warm winter sweaters, winter boots or coats.... flannel sheets-.etc. Unless there is a fantastic fraction of the price kind of deal ...(which I didn't see happening too much here) I have no desire to look at winter merchandise-including Christas items.   I guess there are enough people who enjoy shopping  for Christmas presents/items all year round so....... QVC is going to sell what sells! 

Esteemed Contributor

It is a nice break from the same old...same old...

Trusted Contributor

I always LOVE watching the CIJ shows!  Yes, it's hot out, but that really has nothing to do with it.  It's a QVC tradition, but they aren't the only ones who do it.  Hallmark Channel has CIJ movies on too.  It's a fun break from the summer for some. 

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit.....I really enjoyed the CIJ shows yesterday. I agree with the poster that said it’s a nice break from cosmetics, mattresses and expensive hair dryers. I don’t buy much....I have plenty of decorations, but I might be tempted with a few flameless candles and mini light sets. I use them both all year round. I even like the Gourmet Holiday Shows, but I don’t purchase anything....most of it seems a little overpriced, but I could be tempted with Mrs. Prindables and Germack. 

But I do understand that many people don’t care for so many Christmas shows, especially when it’s 100 degrees outside.

Honored Contributor

@I am appleblossom wrote:

============

The thermometer has nothing to do with Christmas in July. I guess you can come back once you deem it an appropriate time to start selling holiday products. QVC is raking in the money using the popular CIJ theme.

Honored Contributor

I object to the 24 hours of Xmas every other day in July----well that may be a little over the top but seeing decorated trees in July---gives me hives!!!! Not planning on watching or buying.