Honored Contributor

Joe Jackson, the father and longtime manager of pop icons The Jackson 5, has died at 89.

He passed away Wednesday in Los Angeles at around 3:30 a.m., TMZ reported.

He was hospitalized earlier this month with terminal cancer.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

From NY Daily News

R.I.P.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Good! No tears from me. He was a horrible man.

Valued Contributor

He was a very horrible man 

Honored Contributor

If I said what I really think of him, I'd get banned.

No loss. He was a horrible horrible man and "father". Messed his kids up but good.

Trusted Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Joe Jackson

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity

Not defending him, but just remember something.  People who are mean to their kids were most likely treated that way themselves by their parents.

My dad had nut cases for parents.  His father was mean (I remember he got angry at me for sitting in his rocking chair, and he started freaking out at me for no reason.  My dad came to my rescue and started arguing with his dad in Italian so I had no idea what was being said).  Dad later yelled at me.  And yes, my dad wasn't the best dad a lot of times.  The stories I could tell.  But thankfully, he wasn't as bad as his dad.

My point?  You have no idea how Joe Jackson was raised.  It doesn't excuse him for what he did, but unfortunately abuse gets passed down from generation to generation sometimes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Joe Jackson

[ Edited ]

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Not defending him, but just remember something.  People who are mean to their kids were most likely treated that way themselves by their parents.

My dad had nut cases for parents.  His father was mean (I remember he got angry at me for sitting in his rocking chair, and he started freaking out at me for no reason.  My dad came to my rescue and started arguing with his dad in Italian so I had no idea what was being said).  Dad later yelled at me.  And yes, my dad wasn't the best dad a lot of times.  The stories I could tell.  But thankfully, he wasn't as bad as his dad.

My point?  You have no idea how Joe Jackson was raised.  It doesn't excuse him for what he did, but unfortunately abuse gets passed down from generation to generation sometimes. 

@Qshopper1991 @Sweet_SerenityA person with character will recognize that and break (or at least try to) the cycle. 

Yep, only the good die young. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

His judgment day is here and he will be dealt with accordingly.

Honored Contributor

My condolences to the family. He is where he needs to be now.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114

That's very true, but some people really don't think about it.  Some people just don't realize how bad their behavior is. 

We all have bad behavior.  Not one of us are perfect.  For me, I chose to forgive my dad.  Forgiveness doesn't give that person a pass and think it's okay for what they've done.  Forgiveness is for the person who is doing the forgiving.  It's freedom for their soul. 

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 ... the person that does it has no clue and never will.  The person forgiving sets themselves free.  Burdens bring us down and should not be carried unless we put them there.  Bless you for lifting your burden.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."