Honored Contributor

I used to have a heavy, enameled, beautifully detailed rippling flag pin that I could wear, so got out of the idea of thinking up an outfit.

Denim on the bottom automatically gives you your blue.  If it gets cool enough after dark, near fireworks time, I could wear my fitted white shirt with deep rose colored jean jacket..

Another possibility,  white, almost sheer, gauzey linen blend jacket over red, pin striped shirt....  Wish I had red shoes...

But maybe it'll be too hot to sport anything other than a thin scarf representing the third color?

Are you showing your colors on Independence Day?

Respected Contributor

Re: A RED WHITE AND BLUE FOURTH

I’m going to be at a birthday party part of the day on the Fourth. It’s casual, so I’ll probably wear jeans and a red or white top. To that I’ll add a patriotic enameled pin that I got from QVC years ago. It was made by Lunch at the Ritz To-Go. The base is a map of the USA. Hanging from it are a baseball, a hot dog, a slice of apple pie, a star, etc. I pull it out for National holidays, but especially for the Fourth of July. Happy Fourth!

Honored Contributor

I have a july 4th t shirt I'll wear, probably with denim pedal pushers. 

Respected Contributor

Unless you are at someone’s house or a special event,  I don’t think it will matter much what you are wearing after dark. Think more about daytime when it will probably be hot and you will be mingling and visiting with people I assume. A scarf sounds hot. 

I will wear navy blue pants, a white T-shirt and a Fourth of July novelty necklace I picked up inexpensively. I saw a couple cute 4th themed tee shirts on coldwater creek but too late now, and I don’t like to invest much for items to be worn rarely. Have a fun day. 

Honored Contributor

I have several patriotic jewelry pieces and my pin I bought after 9/11. I have several pieces of clothing in red, white, and blue so I will put something together.

FCFBFAAD-96BF-4D8F-B87F-B2309953E501.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Oznell,

Because it promises to be blisteringly hot and steamily humid on the Fourth of July in my neck of the woods, I plan to wear a red Linea faux-wrap skirt and a "July 4" top that I have for such oppressive weather.  Actually, I bought two of these extremely lightweight tops that have the outline of stars all over them.

This year, I will wear the one with a white background and blue stars splashed all over.

As I wrote on Flag Day, I always wear the American flag pin that my father gave me over 50 years ago on the day that honors our country's flag, but I choose not to wear it on the Fourth.  Why?  It is too precious to lose in all the hub-bub.    

Have a safe and joyful Fourth of July, all!  

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful jewelry collection, @OKPrincess!   Lots to choose from...

It's fun hearing everyone's clothing choices.  A Linnea red faux wrap skirt, @golding76?   That sounds like just the ticket-- cool and stylish!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

What a beautiful jewelry collection, @OKPrincess!   Lots to choose from...

It's fun hearing everyone's clothing choices.  A Linnea red faux wrap skirt, @golding76?   That sounds like just the ticket-- cool and stylish!

@Oznell Thanks. I have several more pieces. I just need to round them up.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I used to have a heavy, enameled, beautifully detailed rippling flag pin that I could wear, so got out of the idea of thinking up an outfit.

Denim on the bottom automatically gives you your blue.  If it gets cool enough after dark, near fireworks time, I could wear my fitted white shirt with deep rose colored jean jacket..

Another possibility,  white, almost sheer, gauzey linen blend jacket over red, pin striped shirt....  Wish I had red shoes...

But maybe it'll be too hot to sport anything other than a thin scarf representing the third color?

Are you showing your colors on Independence Day?

@Oznell  To my Mom’s casual buffet, white jeans, red tee w/ red sandals. If a/c too cool, my “QVC required uniform” denim jean jacket.

Trusted Contributor

Yes!  I am wearing white crop pants, a red and white striped shirt and a blue denim hat with a American flag on it!  Oh, and also a red, white and blue bead bracelet with a American flag charm on it by Carolyn Pollack!!  Woman Wink