Trusted Contributor

With all of the poverty in the world I personally believe the money could be better spent than supporting a bunch of rich people.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl

I so agree.

I can't help thinking that all this opulence and self importance is, well the word I keep thinking of is obscene.

The jewels, the crowns, the robes, the tired rituals

in the midst of poverty.

And that includes any nation, any celebrity etc that flaunts their wealth when so many have no homes or nothing to eat.

In a good world, it just should never be this way.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Well, I have it on good authority ...  from an unnamed source ... that knows a palace insider ... that Camilla and Charles were told Brits were having trouble just keeping food on the table.

Camilla's response:   Let them eat cake.

Respected Contributor

Since we're on the subject of poverty, let's not forget that Sat. May 13 is Fill a Bag day for nonperishable  food collection by USPS. Put those bags of food you've purchased by your mailbox for postal workers to pick up. It's then distributed to local food banks. I think post offices also havae collection barrels at their locations.

Valued Contributor

The tens of thousands of taxpayers who lined the streets to watch the Coronation apparently didn't feel that way . 

Esteemed Contributor
I found the coronation to be equally spectacular and ridiculous. It was a great show with lots of traditions, symbols and music. But the fact that any person/family is more worthy of such wealth and status over anyone else makes zero sense to me. What exactly is in their blood or DNA that gives them that right? Because of who their long dead relatives were? I mean, seriously. That goes for any royalty in any country.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Chessa35 wrote:

The tens of thousands of taxpayers who lined the streets to watch the Coronation apparently didn't feel that way . 

It's no different than those in this country who support politicians who will always vote against the people.

Honored Contributor

Well then, the money spent on the Olympics, New Years celebrations, professional football, baseball, hockey, the millions paid to those athletes...should be redirected to the poor. Really, what makes Tom Brady or Tom Cruise worth millions, while the Coronation of the King of England isn't? 

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, I have it on good authority ...  from an unnamed source ... that knows a palace insider ... that Camilla and Charles were told Brits were having trouble just keeping food on the table.

Camilla's response:   Let them eat cake.

NO SHE DIDN'T 

Esteemed Contributor

I read that the economy is expecting a 1 Billion dollar boost directly related to the coronation.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.