Honored Contributor

I think I most certainly want to be contacted if any covid breaks out where I dined.  It is for safety and being responsible   Of course many would prefer not to wear masks and believe their rights are more important than others safety.

personally, I am not into dining out, so these new rules don't  phase me much   However, if my adult kids went, and they were contacted because of tracing...it would involve me because I see my kids.

Honored Contributor

Actually, they have been doing contact tracing for years with STD's and HIV..

if you are diagnosed with a contagious disease like the clap they ask who your partners were.  People do lie of course, but for the most part the fess up if they can remember, lol.  When notifying  the person the clinic  doesnt say who the infected  person is or anything, but they do tell you to ge tested.  At least that's what they did at a place my daughter worked at.  HIPPA laws are more stringent these days, but with transmitted diseases they still try to curb them.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Okay, let me throw this out there.

Would people be okay with having a chip implanted under their skin that monitored everywhere they went and how long they were there?

Who here would be the first to get it?

This would be done to control the virus of course.

After all, people have nothing to hide, right?

It would be more accurate than culling information from people whose memory might not be so good.  

Our cell phones and our c.c. make us chipped anyway.....

But, good concept to throw out there @Anonymous032819 

If it didn't hurt and I didn't get innudated with 100s of text messages per day telling me that x y z person that I probably don't know has the virus, I might say yes.  

Since the NYT started publishing articles about the movements of individuals based on their cell phone location, I've been leaving mine at home when I go to the store. Haven't missed it yet. I shop, don't do curbside pickup. It's no one's business where I am.

I also pay cash as much as possible. Stores take cash. It seems it's mainly restaurants and the delivery services that require plastic. I don't do either, so no problem.

Protect your privacy or you'll lose it, and you won't get it back.

I'm afraid you've already lost it.  Our information is already plastered all over the internet.  All of us.

Honored Contributor

I don't use Facebook

outside of QVC forum I don't use social media groups

i pay cash quite a bit. 
I don't sign up for interest groups

i don't allow my kids or grandkids t use photos of me online

i contacted every magazine that was sent to my house and stoppe dthem

it still I exist in this world, I use a credit card  I am open game  a sure.  Lol

Frequent Contributor

Maybe this would be a good summer job for all these young people.  They are all home, have nothing to do all day, everything is uncertain, the family is in financial crisis, and the virus is killing people everyday.  We got to have some kind of summer jobs programs to keep them busy, mentally engaged, and earning some money this summer.  They are going to need an army of people for contact tracing.  If left with no jobs, no school or college, no activities to keep them busy, they are going to find something to do.  And more than likely, we will be unhappy with the things they decide to work on.  So, the stimulus package must include something for youth summer work programs too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Arizona is pretty much open for everything. Gyms, salons,  sit down dining, stores are all open. Heck even our governor said school will start on time in August. So far I've not had to sign in or have my picture with anything I've done. We are pretty close to business as usual. I'm not even sure what is still closed except for maybe a few stores and no large gatherings.

I'm curious.

With everything open and "back to normal", has the rate of infection gone up?

Nope. We are testing more so that makes it look like the numbers are going up but we are consistently staying at 5.6% testing positive. 

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Actually, they have been doing contact tracing for years with STD's and HIV..

if you are diagnosed with a contagious disease like the clap they ask who your partners were.  People do lie of course, but for the most part the fess up if they can remember, lol.  When notifying  the person the clinic  doesnt say who the infected  person is or anything, but they do tell you to ge tested.  At least that's what they did at a place my daughter worked at.  HIPPA laws are more stringent these days, but with transmitted diseases they still try to curb them.

I don't think you are allowed to ask - or report - about HIV.  In fact, isn't it NOT a crime to knowingly infect someone with HIV?

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

@Anonymous032819 and @Meowingkitty, while many things are open here in AZ, and I am seeing a whole lot more traffic, there are many things that have not opened yet. We still can't have our community chorus start up because we meet in churches and have about 80 in our group, so that is not allowed.

I got a note today that the movie theaters expect to open mid-summer, but have no idea what that will look like. Several traveling productions of Broadway shows have been canceled this summer, again, due to the size of the audience and a theater to present these shows.

Where I live, in southern AZ, the number of cases in my county has gone up a little, and we have had 2 deaths now, but that is to be expected when there are more tests. 

I would say that when I go get groceries, about 70% of people are wearing masks. Many others don't. And since we are already at 100 degrees, wearing a mask is just not fun, so I won't go out unless it is essential. And until I can get back into our chorus group.

So while we are much better than we were, we aren't close to being normal. I am wondering what will happen to all the fall festivals and art shows. I hope we can have them, but I am guessing we won't.

And yet - no one seems to be at all concerned about the current protests - where there is little social distancing - and often no masks.  Hmmmm.  Guess the virus isn't a problem in those situations.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Contact Tracing

[ Edited ]

Big brother is more on your computer, phone, social media, in your car and Internet as they are constantly tracking and listening to you.

A  sign- in  is really hard to track.

Infection rates will only show a rise in about a month. It takes longer than a week to show up the problem as they are now realizing the cases were in the US as early as January.

Honored Contributor

Re: Contact Tracing

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Arizona is pretty much open for everything. Gyms, salons,  sit down dining, stores are all open. Heck even our governor said school will start on time in August. So far I've not had to sign in or have my picture with anything I've done. We are pretty close to business as usual. I'm not even sure what is still closed except for maybe a few stores and no large gatherings.

I'm curious.

With everything open and "back to normal", has the rate of infection gone up?

Nope. We are testing more so that makes it look like the numbers are going up but we are consistently staying at 5.6% testing positive. 

If there is an uptick in cases related to any openings, it would take two to four weeks to show up. For that matter, there's no saying that it couldn't appear later as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland