Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

If contact tracing saves one life, it's well worth it. I seen absolutely no sinister plot behind it,

Me either, I feel like we need to do whatever we can to reign this in as much as possible. Already over 100,000 dead.

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I was sent a video today of a woman who was trained to be a contact tracer.  Here's what she had to say about it.  I find nothing wrong with old fashioned contact tracing-- asking who you spent time with and could have infected, once you are found to be infected, and then contacting those people so they can self isolate. I think everyone should be able to self-quarantine in their own home whether, sick or not. I have a problem with children being removed from their parent or parents by total strangers, and taken somewhere else without parental consent. I find everything wrong with using phone apps to track people's whereabouts, and tracking people on social media to gain further clues as to their whereabouts.  When Covid-19 virus is no longer circulating, will the tracking continue without abatement? Add in the new facial recognition technology, just for fun, a technology that already exists, and what kind of life do you have left to enjoy?  I am not an exhibitionist who blogs all day long taking and posting "selfies".  I am not a criminal, either.  I just want my privacy.  

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUyZWw7qoc&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3sA8mxfZXQg-tlcDFNU6hlcF38BXnOp...

Everyone who supports contract tracing should watch this YouTube to see exactly what they're sanctioning. It's chilling. Someone on this thread has wrongly said that HIPAA is not compromised by the tracing. It sure is. Did you know that, IIRC, in El Paso the police department has a database in which the houses of people with a positive test result are flagged? This is about a whole lot more than contact tracing.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann  It makes sense to me that the police would need to know who has the virus, in case they have to go for an emergency.

I do know that the post office employees have been told which house is quarantined.

So I'm sure anyone in authority needs to know the situation.

People shouldn't be afraid when people are trying to keep the rest of us safe.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@noodleann  It makes sense to me that the police would need to know who has the virus, in case they have to go for an emergency.

I do know that the post office employees have been told which house is quarantined.

So I'm sure anyone in authority needs to know the situation.

People shouldn't be afraid when people are trying to keep the rest of us safe.

I would watch the video. There's lots of documentation. If "people" were trying to keep us safe, they wouldn't have lifted the restrictions when we don't have treatment or a vaccine. 

What struck me, although the video didn't mention it, is the fact that once these systems are put into place, there's no reason to believe they'll be removed. Without a treatment or a way to eradicate the virus, as the video points out, you could easily go from one 14-day quarantine to another, endlessly locked down. 

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 and @Meowingkitty, while many things are open here in AZ, and I am seeing a whole lot more traffic, there are many things that have not opened yet. We still can't have our community chorus start up because we meet in churches and have about 80 in our group, so that is not allowed.

I got a note today that the movie theaters expect to open mid-summer, but have no idea what that will look like. Several traveling productions of Broadway shows have been canceled this summer, again, due to the size of the audience and a theater to present these shows.

Where I live, in southern AZ, the number of cases in my county has gone up a little, and we have had 2 deaths now, but that is to be expected when there are more tests. 

I would say that when I go get groceries, about 70% of people are wearing masks. Many others don't. And since we are already at 100 degrees, wearing a mask is just not fun, so I won't go out unless it is essential. And until I can get back into our chorus group.

So while we are much better than we were, we aren't close to being normal. I am wondering what will happen to all the fall festivals and art shows. I hope we can have them, but I am guessing we won't.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Have you tried a driveway visit with family, @Cakers3?  We've done that a few times to see the g-kids in action.  

@tansy   Hi tansy-no we haven't done the driveway route.

Health issues are complicated, too, so that factors into it.

But going on 5 months now is depresssing.  We get pics and short videos on the smartphones, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Okay, let me throw this out there.

Would people be okay with having a chip implanted under their skin that monitored everywhere they went and how long they were there?

Who here would be the first to get it?

This would be done to control the virus of course.

After all, people have nothing to hide, right?

I have a cell phone that does that every time I turn it on.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Okay, let me throw this out there.

Would people be okay with having a chip implanted under their skin that monitored everywhere they went and how long they were there?

Who here would be the first to get it?

This would be done to control the virus of course.

After all, people have nothing to hide, right?

I have a cell phone that does that every time I turn it on.

True, but a cell phone can be left at home.

A chip under your skin cannot.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Yes, yes and yes! @Cakers3   I have a hard time believing this is ALL that it would be used for. 

Also, what about HIPPA laws?? No way, would it be legal for “them” to blab any medical info to my employer or my family! So if anyone says I’m selfish or paranoid, well so be it! I really don’t care, but HIPPA laws were put in for a reason! 

@wvumountiefan, if you really want an answer to that question and are willing to wade through all the "discretions" issued:  https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/hipaa-covid19/index.html

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

Our bank branch opened a few days ago.  They require you to take a "mug shot" at their security camera before you can do business.  Don't like "contact tracing" of any kind.  Too much like "Big Brother" or "1984" or government snooping.  I'll refuse to participate to the extent I can.

@Cats3000   That is very odd.  Do they require masks?  Seems odd to take a mug shot if your face is covered. 

Where is all this information headed if a person is diagnosed with COVID-19??

Let's say a customer at the bank is diagnosed later on.  How is the information on that patient gathered??  How is it known where that patient has been?  Are the answers given by the patient always true and accurate?

I'm trying to understand-if the patient doesn't disclose he/she had been at the bank, how could the contact tracing work?

This is what I need to understand because if not disclosed and the contact tracing begins with that person-the how of it bothers me.

@Cakers3 , I wonder if this isnt more about preventing bank robberies, since so many folks are wearing masks.

Just a thought I had while reading your post.

@SeaGal   Interesting thought.  You see it on the news-a person with a mask robbing a bank but how do they identify the person?

Maybe clothing?

Facial recognition database?