Respected Contributor

Our mexican restaurant has opened with the guidelines of the state. All employees must wear masks and only a certain amount of people can come in to eat.

I went to pick-up our order and had to sign with my phone number.

Yes, Missouri had some crazy times last weekend but I'm so glad that most in our town are following the rules.

Has anyone else had to sign at a store or restaurant?

Honored Contributor

We're still in the red phase here, but my family is trying to do a lot of curbside pickups at our favorite restaurants to help them stay in business.

We haven't had to sign anything, BUT when you order on the phone or online you pay with a credit card, and they ask for your phone number. Maybe they're keeping track of people that way?

We haven't used cash in a long time. If we're not able to tip when we pay online, I take the tip in cash and put it in an envelope so they don't have to touch it right away if they don't want to. 

Respected Contributor

My State isn't open yet but if a sign-in is required at restaurants and some stores, I won't go...I'll continue to buy my groceries & order the other things I need online.

Respected Contributor

Our bank branch opened a few days ago.  They require you to take a "mug shot" at their security camera before you can do business.  Don't like "contact tracing" of any kind.  Too much like "Big Brother" or "1984" or government snooping.  I'll refuse to participate to the extent I can.

Honored Contributor

Contact tracing is one of the many ways Taiwan has only about 400 positive cases of this virus and only 7 deaths.

Wouldn't anyone want that? It is not to invade privacy but to keep as many people alive and safe as possible.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Contract tracing is an important part in containing the spread.  This measure was helpful in containing the spread of SARS.  I'm not afraid of "Big Brother."  Why would I be?  I have nothing to hide.  I'm not that paranoid.  How could you not want to know if you came in close contact with someone who had tested positive for the virus?  You are not told the name of the person.  I would want to know so i could quarantine myself and protect not only myself, my family, friends and others.  Stop the spread.

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Our bank branch opened a few days ago.  They require you to take a "mug shot" at their security camera before you can do business.  Don't like "contact tracing" of any kind.  Too much like "Big Brother" or "1984" or government snooping.  I'll refuse to participate to the extent I can.

We are in a pandemic! Contact tracing saves lives and will help get this virus under control. Why would you not want to participate?

Honored Contributor
For as long as I can remember, ordering by phone or making a restaurant reservation, you gave your phone number. Busy local restaurants frequently had a sign-in to wait for a table. You could give fake name and number.

If you shop with credit card - they know who you are

Esteemed Contributor

Arizona is pretty much open for everything. Gyms, salons,  sit down dining, stores are all open. Heck even our governor said school will start on time in August. So far I've not had to sign in or have my picture with anything I've done. We are pretty close to business as usual. I'm not even sure what is still closed except for maybe a few stores and no large gatherings.

Honored Contributor

It's a dinky zoo in Amarillo, Tx, but, it's open starting today !