Honored Contributor

Re: Congressional Baseball Game - today

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, I respectfully disagree, @tansy.  I readily accept that perhaps for you, the only appealing amateurs are your grandchildren.  But there are all kinds of interests out there.

Plenty of people have shown interest over the years in the Congressional baseball games, through either attendance, or watching or listening to them broadcast.  Maybe it's the novelty of seeing one's elected representatives striving in a whole different arena.

I suspect there are plenty who like the idea of people of different philosophies and world views getting along on a field, forging friendships despite legitimate differences in outlook.  And of course, this year, there is the added powerful story of overcoming a potentially deadly assault and coming back from near-tragedy to the joy of being on your team again...

That can be mighty appealing!

@Oznell  Very well stated.  One does not have to watch the game if one is not interested but they should see that that for all the in-fighting during the day, in the end these Congressional folks are able to put aside their differences and just have a good time. 

Unfortunately some here cannot see that.  Not to mention some cannot give Scalise the credit he certainly deserves, no matter what side of the fence one stands.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I sure hope you are speaking for yourself, @Cakers3, and not me.

Grab some Cracker Jacks and enjoy the game, @Oznell.  I was just reading on the history of the games and how they were called off at one time for being too physical.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional, thank you for sharing  the information. 

I am so pleased to hear Steve Scalise is back on the field, a year after the horrific shooting.   

How brave of him to face being on the field and physically being able to join in. 

Steve Scalise and I disagree on just about everything. That has nothing to do with my joy in  his being able to play tonight.  I am so glad for him and his family. 

Cakers, Heart  well said. Smiley Happy  You said it better than I ever could. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hey, thanks, @Cakers3!

@dmod nj, very generous sentiments on your part.  NIce.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, thanks, @Cakers3!

@dmod nj, very generous sentiments on your part.  NIce.

Thank you for the kind words, @Oznell. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Let the Game begin!....I'm able to get the game on C-Span2...Scalise is taking 2nd base!....What a guy!

It is great to see everyone coming together to enjoy! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Hey, @MyShadowLove, I just discovered I can get it on C-Span 2 also-- that's funny.  They must have added it to C-Span 3, or they just switched.  Anyway, that's super since probably more people get 2 rather than 3.

Play ball!

Esteemed Contributor

Hey, @Oznell...Yeah, I don't get C-Span 3 so I just thought to give C-Span 2 a try and there it was!

Good play by Scalise! Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Yeah, @MyShadowLove, so sweet the way they all came over to hug him.  Now the poor guy can rest and maybe dream of greater glories next year....

Honored Contributor

The gals who don't want you to have an opinion are back.