Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

If you're using iPad, you can't quote because that feature isn't available. 

@You can use @ plus the username if you'd like that poster to receive a notification to indicate you mentioned him/her.

I'm on an iPad.  We can quote now.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@You can use @ plus the username if you'd like that poster to receive a notification to indicate you mentioned him/her.

I am using my IPAD Air and have the Quote button.

Occasional Contributor

I liked the old forum much better.  I think it was so user friendly compared to this...

@CCC1 wrote:

I'm not understanding how this works.  When I reply to someone, it still shows up as a separate post.  And, what does the arrow next to a thread mean?

Contributor

I don't join in very often so THANKS A BUNCH for this explanation!  DUH -- I didn't know to also click on "QUOTE" !   Smiley Wink

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

I'm not understanding how this works.  When I reply to someone, it still shows up as a separate post.  And, what does the arrow next to a thread mean?

You have to hit 'Reply' box in red, then hit the word 'Quote' and your post will appear after their post in the same box.

So it's a 2 parter, hit REPLY in the post you want to reply to, then hit QUOTE. 

Reply alone doesn't do it alone.

Esteemed Contributor

So, if I want to quote the very first post on this thread, I hit "reply" and then go back to pg. 1 and hit "quote"?    How would that work on a thread that is ten pages long?  Am I missing something here?

Super Contributor

@CCC1 wrote:

I didn't know either so you're not alone. 

Valued Contributor

@jobran wrote:

So, if I want to quote the very first post on this thread, I hit "reply" and then go back to pg. 1 and hit "quote"?    How would that work on a thread that is ten pages long?  Am I missing something here?

You have to hit the reply button next to the post you are replying to, and when you hit Quote, it will quote that particular post.  Each post on the thread has it's own reply button.  If you read 10 pages of a thread and want to quote the first post, you have to go back to that post and use that post's reply button in order to quote it.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Occasional Contributor

@dimin wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

I feel better, knowing other people are just as confused!  This new look is so bland.  It's easy to miss things.  They need to put some color on it.

Respected Contributor

@CCC1 wrote:

@dimin wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

I feel better, knowing other people are just as confused!  This new look is so bland.  It's easy to miss things.  They need to put some color on it.

You can liven it up by adding color to your message.  Click on text color in upper right hand corner!

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I hope you saw the responses to you

@wildcat fan that we CAN quote with our 

iPads.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••