Occasional Contributor

I'm not understanding how this works.  When I reply to someone, it still shows up as a separate post.  And, what does the arrow next to a thread mean?

Honored Contributor

@CCC1 wrote:

I'm not understanding how this works.  When I reply to someone, it still shows up as a separate post.  And, what does the arrow next to a thread mean?

You need to hit the quote button to have the previous post included.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@CCC1 wrote:

You have to hit 'Reply' box in red, then hit the word 'Quote' and your post will appear after their post in the same box.

So it's a 2 parter, hit REPLY in the post you want to reply to, then hit QUOTE. 

Reply alone doesn't do it alone.

Honored Contributor

You appear to be posting fine on your HSN thread.  If you want to quote someone, you need to click on that button, space down and then make your reply.

The arrow indicates a thread you have posted on.

Respected Contributor

Don't feel bad CCC1.  I also am confused by this mess that they have made with all the changes.  Like I said before, it's a guessing game --  not at all a user-friendly website....  And you know what, I don't like guessing games..  And I don't like being frustrated...

Occasional Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

You need to hit the quote button to have the previous post included.

Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

You have to hit 'Reply' box in red, then hit the word 'Quote' and your post will appear after their post in the same box.

So it's a 2 parter, hit REPLY in the post you want to reply to, then hit QUOTE. 

Reply alone doesn't do it alone.

Who would know a thing like that?

Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

Don't feel bad CCC1.  I also am confused by this mess that they have made with all the changes.  Like I said before, it's a guessing game --  not at all a user-friendly website....  And you know what, I don't like guessing games..  And I don't like being frustrated...

Same here!  Even though I only browsed, I liked the old forum more so.

Esteemed Contributor

If you're using iPad, you can't quote because that feature isn't available. 

You can use @ plus the username if you'd like that poster to receive a notification to indicate you mentioned him/her.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

If you're using iPad, you can't quote because that feature isn't available. 

@You can use @ plus the username if you'd like that poster to receive a notification to indicate you mentioned him/her.

I am using the quote function on my iPad3 for this post.  When I hit Reply there is a Quote button.