Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick 

I'm in Charles County, which borders PG.  They opened St. Mary's, but because of our proximity, they kept places like Waldorf closed as many from PG come there to shop.

I rarely go North to shop, and head to St. Mary's most of the time...or I just shop local.  But, I am hopeful that things will improve in PG soon.  They have been hit very hard.

If you are in Maryland, you probably know about or have visited Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis.  They are showing some concerts postponed until June or later, but, again, I cannot imagine they will be able to have ANY concerts.  

We have tickets to see Felix Cavaliere and Michael Franks...both now set for much later in the year.  At this point, it seems Ramshead may have to close down their concert room.

It's one of our favorite spots and, it makes me sad that they might have to go out of business.  How do you survive with so much of what you do revolves around live performances?

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 

While I'm not adverse to watching online performances, I'd rather see a live performance.

Our tickets were paid for months ago, and if this venue has to refund all those cancelled shows, it's thousands and thousands of $$.  Not to mention the food/drink purchases generated during the concert.

I'm patient, but there is nothing like the joy of live singing.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@bmorechick 

I'm in Charles County, which borders PG.  They opened St. Mary's, but because of our proximity, they kept places like Waldorf closed as many from PG come there to shop.

I rarely go North to shop, and head to St. Mary's most of the time...or I just shop local.  But, I am hopeful that things will improve in PG soon.  They have been hit very hard.

If you are in Maryland, you probably know about or have visited Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis.  They are showing some concerts postponed until June or later, but, again, I cannot imagine they will be able to have ANY concerts.  

We have tickets to see Felix Cavaliere and Michael Franks...both now set for much later in the year.  At this point, it seems Ramshead may have to close down their concert room.

It's one of our favorite spots and, it makes me sad that they might have to go out of business.  How do you survive with so much of what you do revolves around live performances?

@bmorechick @Witchy Woman   You'll be fine.  Lots of us are without much access to live performances.  People who live in rural areas and small towns.  And there are whole lot of them out there!  

We are fortunate that almost everything is vailable to experience while not live, but in many ways, formats and great sound quality.

Sorry for your loss, but we are all lucky to live in the digital age on the music front!  

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I am what folks here call a “come here” because I was not born and raised on the eastern shore. I am originally from Baltimore City, more specifically Highlandtown (Hollintown) and Canton. So during the 70s and 80s I frequented Largo, Merriweather, Baltimore Civic Center, Morris Mechanic to name a few for live convert venues and really really enjoyed that. In Annapolis, I, my sisters  and friends frequented some of the bars as well.  I know where you are...I have relatives in St. Marys co.  Folks in metro areas have been slammed and understandably so due to close living proximity.  

I believe we all be able to get back to some form of what we were, but crisis always renders change, so curious to see how this will all pan out.  In the meantime I hope everyone enjoys what they can, when they can and look to something new and fresh and hopeful in 2021.

Honored Contributor

I had tickets to Swan Lake ballet, donated the cost to the ballet company. Took the refund on a postponed Riverdance because 2021 is just too far away and unsure for my life. 

Was really looking forward to Lady Gaga. That hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet, Live Nation and Ticketmaster love to hold on to people's money. I would like my money back, it was not a cheap ticket.

I love concerts, theater, and ballet. And live sports. Can live without them, but life is much less enjoyable for me without them.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@reiki604 

While I'm not adverse to watching online performances, I'd rather see a live performance.

Our tickets were paid for months ago, and if this venue has to refund all those cancelled shows, it's thousands and thousands of $$.  Not to mention the food/drink purchases generated during the concert.

I'm patient, but there is nothing like the joy of live singing.

I understand what you are saying but what I'm talking about are live performances. I know of at least one who has a happy hour concert every friday from 6-7ish. We are encouraged to request songs, some his, some not. Each week has a different theme. With a Zoom concert another performer encourages us to sing along with the old standard folk songs or his current songs that we know. 

It's embracing the new normal and encouraging and supporting artists who are hurting very badly these days.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

We had two concerts that were supposed to be around this time.

Ringo at Tanglewood moved to June 2021, their entire schedule has moved to 2021 and a local concert that was supposed to be in early May and moved to August and I have no intention of going

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I also heard (if I wasn't dreaming it) that Keith Urban did a concert outside of Nashville in a Drive-in Movie theatre for essential workers. He set up the stage under the screen where he was projected and the concert goers were safely spaced appropriately in their cars. Where there's a will, there's a way!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown