Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

We turned them away.  It doesn't make it OK because others did that, also.  It would not happen again today.

Japan and Germany were working together, they were allies.  We became allies with other countries to fight them both.

Are you so sure that we wouldn't turn desperate people, fleeing war, away now? 

MANY  leaders would, in a heartbeat.

I have no doubt we would turn away many others today.  There's already a backlash against taking in refugees from Syria.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Details from the article:

U.S. officials tell Fox News the drone encounters took place over ISIS-controlled Syria, including its de facto headquarters in Raqqa, as well as along the Turkish-Syrian border near Korbani. Another occurred in the northwest, near the highly contested city of Aleppo.

“The first time it happened, we thought the Russians got lucky. Then it happened two more times,” said one official. 

I don't get why they want to interfere with the drones.  Supposedly Russia is after Isis, also.

No, Russia is actually not differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS. Their job is to prop up Assad's regime.

Not no, I didn't say they were differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS.  They are going after both, they announced they were going after ISIS and there is said to be evidence they have.

Because Putin equates all of them as terrorists.....except Assad ironically.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

U.S. officials tell Fox News the drone encounters took place over ISIS-controlled Syria, including its de facto headquarters in Raqqa, as well as along the Turkish-Syrian border near Korbani. Another occurred in the northwest, near the highly contested city of Aleppo.

“The first time it happened, we thought the Russians got lucky. Then it happened two more times,” said one official. 

I don't get why they want to interfere with the drones.  Supposedly Russia is after Isis, also.

No, Russia is actually not differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS. Their job is to prop up Assad's regime.

Not no, I didn't say they were differentiating between rebel forces and ISIS.  They are going after both, they announced they were going after ISIS and there is said to be evidence they have.

Yes, I had said he was going after both groups, and that he specifically had said he was targeting ISIS.  I don't see any disagreement.

Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Yes, I had said he was going after both groups, and that he specifically had said he was targeting ISIS.  I don't see any disagreement.

Oh my God. 

Honored Contributor

I look for Israel, at some point, to try to wipe out Iran's Nuclear weapons.  I think they will be left with no choice. I think the United States could have helped ward this off if we had kept more of a presence in the Middle East.  if that doesn't happen soon, while there is still a chance to avoid war,I think we will see the likes of something horrible and something worse than has ever happened in history. If Israel does attack I would think (or hope) that it would cause Putin to back off somewhat.  If it doesn't and Putin marches against Israel, it will be like something we have never seen in the history of this world. I believe Russia will be defeated and aid will come to Israel before it is totally destroyed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Concern About Syria

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

We did not lose thousands and thousands fighting for the Jews.

We fought to stop Hitler taking over Europe and other countries.  We already knew that we would be under attack also, as seen in Pearl Harbor.

@NoelSeven

As a matter of clarity, yes we did.

I have been to many, many Holocaust memorials including Yad Vashem, all pay great homage to American Service members.  

We were also under attack by Japan and thus Pearl Harbor.

I do not think America has, or should have a guilty conscience regarding our actions in WWII, many other things, but not that.

My concern is that-

1 - I think V. Putin is an egotistical maniac 

2 - he is supporting the regime that has been bombing Syrian citizens.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Regarding the U.S. liberating the Jews, I'll never understand why this country or our allies didn't bomb the railroad tracks that led to Auschwitz and other death camps....would have saved millions of lives.  

Respected Contributor

I have to wonder, where is our leadership, where is our national pride, and what has happened to the most wonderful country on earth?  We have been truly blessed in the past. but like some of you, I fear we will not be spared this time. We have far too many enemies. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

We did not lose thousands and thousands fighting for the Jews.

We fought to stop Hitler taking over Europe and other countries.  We already knew that we would be under attack also, as seen in Pearl Harbor.

@NoelSeven

As a matter of clarity, yes we did.

I have been to many, many Holocaust memorials including Yad Vashem, all pay great homage to American Service members.  

We were also under attack by Japan and thus Pearl Harbor.

I do not think America has, or should have a guilty guilty conscience regarding our actions in WWII, many other things, but not that.

My concern is that-

1 - I think V. Putin is an egotistical maniac 

2 - he is supporting the regime that has been bombing Syrian citizens.

Drythe, most Americans were against going into the war and had been since it began.  What pushed them over was Pearl Harbor, that was the reason we entered the war in 1941.  The war began in 1939.

Once in, we did liberate the Jews, along with others who liberated the Jews like those from the UK.

I also think Putin is a maniac, a man without morals

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

I have to wonder, where is our leadership, where is our national pride, and what has happened to the most wonderful country on earth?  We have been truly blessed in the past. but like some of you, I fear we will not be spared this time. We have far too many enemies. 

They're not enemies per se, they just want to take us over.  Russia and China have the common goals of claiming territory and resources. Russia wants to seize some of the Artic, they control a lot of the energy going to Europe, they're helping Argentina so they can go after the Falkland Islands again, and China is a massive threat to everyone in Asia and beyond.  As one New Zealander said, there's only one thing between them and China, and it's America.  As we retreat and destroy our country, the threats will continue to get more serious.  With a public that doesn't know or think, we'll do exactly what the founding fathers feared and destroy ourselves from within.  

We're a country that will import millions of people that likely shouldn't be here but is deporting what few Christian refugees make it to our shores.  How did we get here?  

As as for the psychos, they've been pulling this cr ap since the seventh century.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.