Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

While I understand the frustration, has a thread like this or similar meta topics ever changed the way people post? That's a rhetorical question.

Quite the opposite, IMO. They often lead to arguments and personal jabs.

Yes, so true.  In the thread about “CLOSE DOWN THE ONTARIO WAREHOUSE!” (That is how it is was written), some of us said we’d received our orders faster since this warehouse was opened. 

We got jabbed    We either “lived right next door” to this warehouse, or were being paid by QVC to post positive comments.  

Honored Contributor

We're not supposed to start threads complaining about anything on the Q.

All complaints are now being handled by Helen Waite.

So if you have anthing to complain about.....

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

While I understand the frustration, has a thread like this or similar meta topics ever changed the way people post? That's a rhetorical question.

Quite the opposite, IMO. They often lead to arguments and personal jabs.

Yes, so true.  In the thread about “CLOSE DOWN THE ONTARIO WAREHOUSE!” (That is how it is was written), some of us said we’d received our orders faster since this warehouse was opened. 

We got jabbed    We either “lived right next door” to this warehouse, or were being paid by QVC to post positive comments.  

@september  Yes, I said something that was not hateful to the thread topic and was accused of being paid by QVC to say positive things.

Honored Contributor

I don't complain about hosts, vendors, or models; the ones who annoy me, I avoid.

I do disagree from time to time which probably seems that's mostly when I post. There's a reason, when I agree and have nothing to add, I just do a heart. I think it's important to post when one disagrees otherwise others can assume agreement. This offends some posters; they take disagreement personally. Even when it's about a show or celebrity and has little to do with them.

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

Can I add something positive to all this?

Whenever someone asks for advice on a medical problem, posters are there.

Whenever someone has a sick pet or one who has passed, posters are there.

Whenever someone needs help with a personal problem, posters are there.

Whenever someone is experiencing a health crisis, themselves or in their family, posters are there.

Whenever someone has lost a loved one, posters are there.

In my case, I have done my share of complaining about high prices.  Mea Culpa!

When I asked for prayers for an IL’s relative, a mother of two young children and a newborn baby, the wonderful notes and hearts were overwhelming.  She had a fast-growing head cancer, that is hard to treat.  After baby was born, she was in Brigham Women’s Hospital for surgery.  A very serious and heartbreaking situation.  They got 99 and 9/10 of the cancer removed, and she is now getting chemo/radiation because they want to ensure they are doing everything they can so she can have a long life.  I will always be so grateful for posters on here who offered prayers and support.  Such wonderful folks.

I always type in larger font, in bold, because I do know some people have problems with their sight.  I am not doing it to “scream” my views.  

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@PamfromCT  Heart

@PamfromCT , And another ❤️

Hearts

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I think constructive criticism of hosts is okay as to the way they perform their job and how it relates to the customers.  The PTB need to listen to that.  However, I don't condone personal attacks.

Esteemed Contributor

Hair styles, eyeglasses, speech patterns ...

I thought I'd read it all until a poster complained about the way a host sits, writing,

"Tell her not to sit like that. Tell her to sit like this."

(description followed)