Regular Contributor

For fun and interest let's compare when school begins and ends and where you live.  I live in Georgia.  The last day of school for Summer was Friday May 27th but it goes back on Monday August 1st.  It is my understanding that in some places school goes back after Labor Day and goes later into June.  Please tell where you live. Again in where I live in Georiga it ended May 27th and goes back August 1st.

Respected Contributor

Re: Compare School Calendars

[ Edited ]

In Michigan where I'm from, they start after Labor Day and go till the first week of June. Maybe longer depending on how many snow days they have to make up. 
In Florida where I live now, school got out end of May and will resume in early August I believe. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

For fun and interest let's compare when school begins and ends and where you live.  I live in Georgia.  The last day of school for Summer was Friday May 27th but it goes back on Monday August 1st.  It is my understanding that in some places school goes back after Labor Day and goes later into June.  Please tell where you live. Again in where I live in Georiga it ended May 27th and goes back August 1st.

@mormel20 - my county in Georgia, Cobb, last day was May 25th.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Bucks Co, PA (southeastern).....

Last day is June 9th. (usually it will go a week longer).  The first day this year is going to be Sept. 2nd.  It depends on when Labor Day is and sometimes it starts before.

When I was in school (NYC & NJ) it always went well into June (sometimes to the very end of the month and always started after Labor Day.

Respected Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

I also live in GA.  My daughter is in High School and school really started to wind down the week of May 16th.  Not everyone had finals or a regual test.  For my daughter, her tests were over, her last day of school was May 19th.  The principal sent out an email that it's up to us whether to send her to school or not, there wouldn't be any problem if we didn't.  If she went, she'd just be sitting in class on her phone or watching movies.  But, technically, our school disticts last day was May 25th.  First day of school will be August 8th.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in New Jersey.  Our local schools start the Wednesday after Labor Day and end around the last Friday in June.  

Honored Contributor

Here in my town in NY state school starts after Labor Day and ends June 24. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Miami Dade Public Schools (Florida)  start date for students for 2022 will be August 17 and end day is June 8th 2023.

Happily retired teacher!

Honored Contributor

N. East Texas  last day was May 26th and first day for Fall 2022 will be Aug. 18th.  I have never understood the end of the week start days.  I guess by the first Monday everything is pretty well sorted and ready to learn.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MA. It differs by town and private or public but generally, school starts the last week of August to after Labor Day.  School ends mid to late June.  My two son in-laws teach in different towns.  Last day of school is 6/22 for both.