Respected Contributor

Communication re Delays on orders.

Seems lately lots of us experiencing long ‘in process’ times on our orders- I still  have some hanging out there for over a week and still no edd or communication re is the ‘delay’ being sorted out as it seems to be going on and on.  Is the problem being solved?

So... what is the point of me ordering today or tomorrow if everything is delayed?  not much incentive to shop.

Of course delays happen but Q does not seem to communicate with its customers.

The only email I have received was today the 29th in reply to mine of yesterday enquiring about exchange I sent back on 15th which said they received item on 22nd but due to problem at warehouse everything delayed.  I wonder if I had not emailed them would they have bothered to communicate with me - I think not - as my return was with them a week already .

Respected Contributor

Re: Communication re Delays on orders.

I feel the same way you do. I have no incentive to order when items are delayed for so long. I did have one order from 3-20 finally ship today.  I know it won’t be here for another week but at least it’s in the system. 

Honored Contributor

I can't even wrap my head around that.  I guess it's just funny.  I have all of my orders now, some took 8 or 9 days but I didn't need any of them.  They were clothes for Spring and Spring has not sprung yet.  So, the wait did not bother me.  I understand why someone wouldn't buy a dress they hoped to wear in a week now, that could be a disappointment waiting to happen but why would longer delivery times stop anyone from buying anything else????  That makes no sense at all to me.  Everything isn't taking longer!  I bought a pendant that shipped out the day after I bought it and I got it in 4 days.  I also got my Mally makeup in 4 days, that also shipped the day after I ordered it.  So, the delivery situation isn't nearly as bad as some are saying.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've read thread after thread about delays in items getting shipped but few mention the type of item ordered so I'm wondering if that plays a part.  It would helpful to others to know what classifications of items are so regularly delayed--wearables, electronics, kitchen items, etc.

I ordered the TSV hose on the 26th. This afternoon I received a notice from Q that the order has shipped. The ship confirmation arrived about 45 minutes after the hose was delivered!

I have also not experienced slow shipment of other items I've ordered over the past few months but I will say none were in the line of clothing or other wearables, shoes or other soft goods.  Maybe soft goods are the problem.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

For these extended processing items, customers should at least be refunded s&h fees for the inconvenience. 

Honored Contributor

QVC doesn't seem to understand that their lack of transparency is causing more damage than the disaster in their warehouse.  They've always treated any issue with extreme secrecy; apparently they have no one assigned to corporate communications.  If customers had some clue as to the nature of the problem, I've no doubt most would be sympathetic but to "freeze" people out when their money and merchandise is at issue is just wrong.  I'm also not buying.  It takes days for my items to ship then UPS dilly dallies around with it for days; by the time it's delivered, I've forgotten what I ordered.  I've had items arrive in my city yesterday and the day before, which won't be delivered until next Tuesday.  That's a 6 day delay in addition to 6 days "processing".    Too slow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Marp.  Your hose was undoubtedly shipped by the vendor.  I think most people are experiencing delays of clothing items, as am I.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

You are right! Pendants, makeups and food were sent vety fast. Try clothes and see how long it will take. I have ordered a few pieces exactly a week ago, on March 23. Have received none. They are in process. I hoped that 14 days before my vacation trip will be enough to deliver them to me. I also have ordered my gifts. Now what? I have to go to store. And the QVC system does not allow to cancel the items. If my orders are delivered, my packages will wait for the month until I come back to the home.

As the 20 years QVC customer I could tell it was my favorite place to shop. Now they became the worst because of the waiting time. Not reliable.

I feel sorry for the fasion team. They are doing an exellent job to bring so good clothes to QVC. And losing customers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624, I suspected that most of the delay problems were related to wearables.   LOL, with all the complaints about fit, quality and cost maybe delayed shipping is a good thing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read somewhere that some merchandise is shipped from one of QVC's warehouses, while others are shipped directly from the manufacturer.  I ordered Rykas online (they weren't presented on air) and I think it was shipped from the manufactuer because although it had the usual QVC return label to use if I needed it, also included was an invoice from Ryka itself.....Never saw that before....They were shipped quickly and delivered by UPS.......

My Jim Shore pieces arrived fast also.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”