Honored Contributor

I DETEST 98.9% of the commercials especially:

1. pharmacuetical commercials

2. Liberty Mutual---especially the one with the poor emu that has to wear sunglasses or outfits----

3. The "poopourri" look alike product called V.I.P. with the guy on the toilet talking about "dumping his load".....

4.  Half man/half motorcycle 

5.  The car commercials everyone has mentioned.....

6. The commercials with bratty kids.....

The ones I like are:

"the smart dogs"....E-Trade with "It's a dogs life"...dogs in yachts, at the spa etc etc, Subuaru-Barkley dog family....Chewbacca dog/DarthVader Cat..... (do I see a pattern here with fun commercials and animals)....Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot stand the one where the woman is bent over digging through the dirty clothes basket, pulls out something and can't stop smelling it.  Then she goes into some song and dance routine.  It is gross, she is gross.  JMHO

Also, can't change the channel fast enough when the animal abuse pleas for $$ ads come on.  Also, the St. Jude ads.  I am sure that both bring in lots of money this time of year by showing them, but they are heart breaking.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I like that ad, too, but that is a boy not a girl with his dad.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Spurt I like that ad, too, but that is a boy not a girl with his dad.

@tends2dogs 

Thanks for letting me know....I guess my focus was on the animals....LOL!!!  I corrected my original post....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: Commercials

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

The Folgers coffee Holiday commercial has me shaking my head...an open robe daughter in law finds her soaped up father in law in the shower & they stare at each other while a group of singers stand around them singing the jingle. There's a long version that's even more awkward. What the...? Nothing like naked to say Happy Holidays.

What Folgers is doing is making parody commercials that make fun of the sappy coffee comercials.

That's what they say but they missed the mark big time...The best part of waking up is soapy body hair in your cup. 

Esteemed Contributor

Also I think it's for Tommy John underware about picking wedgies or the guy during milk in his underware. 

Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Another huge falsehood in commercials are the car commercials.  Often we see a beautiful, shiny, top of the line car being driven by a handsome man or beautiful woman, speeding along on the highway, not another car in sight, no trucks, no horns blaring, no police to give them a speeding ticket.

If they showed vehicles being driven in reality no one would want to buy a new car.  Imagine driving your new $50,000 Audi on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway with cars cutting you off at every turn, huge semi's a mere inch from your bumper, and 3 lanes of traffic trying to merge into one!!  Forgettaboutit!!!

@jellyBEAN  - You made me laugh out loud with your comment about the BQE!  Lived in Brooklyn my whole life and it is so true!  I think the only thing worse is the Belt Parkway!!

You ain't seen nothing until you've driven on the Staten island Expressway

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Another huge falsehood in commercials are the car commercials.  Often we see a beautiful, shiny, top of the line car being driven by a handsome man or beautiful woman, speeding along on the highway, not another car in sight, no trucks, no horns blaring, no police to give them a speeding ticket.

If they showed vehicles being driven in reality no one would want to buy a new car.  Imagine driving your new $50,000 Audi on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway with cars cutting you off at every turn, huge semi's a mere inch from your bumper, and 3 lanes of traffic trying to merge into one!!  Forgettaboutit!!!

@jellyBEAN  - You made me laugh out loud with your comment about the BQE!  Lived in Brooklyn my whole life and it is so true!  I think the only thing worse is the Belt Parkway!!

You ain't seen nothing until you've driven on the Staten island Expressway

I vote for the Cross Bronx Expressway. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

99% of commercials don't bother me, but the ones that I don't care for is the Limu the Imu, and the commercial for some male supplement that's supposed to make you leaner and stronger, and the former football(?) player says, "And she'll like it, too"

Ew. Just gross.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor
Drug commercials are really infomercials...they seem to go on forever. I detest any and all insurance commercials. Period. Can’t hit the mute button fast enough. Only one commercial I don’t find off-putting....the Chantix cold turkey....he is so cute! The one drug commercial I will make an exception for.