Frequent Contributor

WHO Guidelines When to Wear Mask - Hmmm

From The Who int site

When to use a mask
  • If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

When and how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus?
  • Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
  • Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
  • To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-ba
Honored Contributor

Re: WHO Guidelines When to Wear Mask - Hmmm

Interesting and the is the total opposite of many things I have read 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Does anyone else not trust the CDC, WHO and the FDA anymore?

How does it make sense to only wear a mask if coughing or fever etc or caring for someone who is sick when so many are carrying the virus without symptoms!

So with these instructions, they do not need to wear a mask because they do not have symptoms?!

Sanjai Gupta said we should all act as if we have the virus.

More people are infected by those with no symptoms they have found.

Those were nice instructions about how to wear the mask though, but mostly common sense.

Ridiculous confusion and different opinions and advice. Sick of it because it has become so many political battles.

@Boomerdotty -

Not talking about you at all just get angry at all these stupid organizations that change their minds and I think to make themselves look good.

And yet I'm probably not making any sense either.

It's ok, I'll think of someone or something to blame it on!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

These are global guidelines.  We still have policies by state.  

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay, I don't trust any of these organizations. 

They come out with this today about not needing to wear a mask if you aren't sick or whatever, yet they say that so many people are asymptomatic, this is contradictory.

Also today my state has said we can have church this Sunday, but everyone is suppose to wear a mask except the preacher and performing singers. I'm not going. 

I am beginning to wonder if someone wants a high fatality rate. Because the longer we go, the less sense this fiasco is making. 

Respected Contributor

The Chinese people wear masks all the time. I'm beggining to think they are the ones that know what we should do. This is not about the Chinese government I don't trust them one bit. Wear a mask until this virus is gone in your area to be safe. The fact that healthcare workers always wear masks says a lot. They're not worried about giving patients something they're worried about getting something. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Interesting and the is the total opposite of many things I have read 

interesting......i have read some articles that are pro masks and other articles that say the masks we are wearing dont really help and that we get a false sense of security when we wear the masks, especially if we are healthy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

The Chinese people wear masks all the time. I'm beggining to think they are the ones that know what we should do. This is not about the Chinese government I don't trust them one bit. Wear a mask until this virus is gone in your area to be safe. The fact that healthcare workers always wear masks says a lot. They're not worried about giving patients something they're worried about getting something. 

Actually, a lot of healthcare workers don't always wear masks. I've never seen my doctor or his nurse practitioner wear a mask.  Same thing for other doctors that I have visited for stress tests or even the few times I have been in the ER. None of those people wore masks.  Mostly, I think you'll see masks in the operating room to protect the sterile field, not to protect the operating staff.

Respected Contributor

Well I am wearing my mask no matter when and where. I have many masks because my son uses spray paint in his artwork and we bought about 100 cone type masks last year. I grabbed six n95 masks before the shortage and will use them as well.

Unfortunately, beaches are opening in my area this weekend. Social distancing required but not masks.  So I give this area three weeks before we see a huge increase. Will be interesting to see if our Governor overrides that Mayor’s greedy decision.  People are incredibly cavalier and stupid about this virus..can’t wrap my head around that.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Does anyone else not trust the CDC, WHO and the FDA anymore?

How does it make sense to only wear a mask if coughing or fever etc or caring for someone who is sick when so many are carrying the virus without symptoms!

So with these instructions, they do not need to wear a mask because they do not have symptoms?!

Sanjai Gupta said we should all act as if we have the virus.

More people are infected by those with no symptoms they have found.

Those were nice instructions about how to wear the mask though, but mostly common sense.

Ridiculous confusion and different opinions and advice. Sick of it because it has become so many political battles.

@Boomerdotty -

Not talking about you at all just get angry at all these stupid organizations that change their minds and I think to make themselves look good.

And yet I'm probably not making any sense either.

It's ok, I'll think of someone or something to blame it on!

@on the bay    There are government officials I don't trust as far as I could throw them, but the aren't from these agencies.  @Boomerdotty    This is pretty much what has been said all along with the caveat that the mask does little to protect the wearer but is primarily to protects others from the wearer.  The non- medical masks, which are those most widely available, are very ineffective due to the microscopic size of the virus.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment